Ridgetop - our place and how we muddle along

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We already named them before we even got them home. BJ came up with Dessa and I came up with Dolly.

Glad y’all aren’t in a hurry to get back, gives you more time to find your farm. Any place you find is going to take work putting in the personal touches that makes it yours. The right place is out there waiting on you.

What’s with title companies anyway? And finance companies too! I know you aren’t financing, thank your lucky stars you only have one incompetent to deal with. The best part is you don’t have to be there for closing.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
45 days from date of closure of escrow to IDENTIFY and 180 days to complete purchase. You can identify up to 3 properties but must purchase one of those identified in the 45 day period. We will be short by about 10-12 days due to not getting to Texas before July 8 or 9. If we have a problem it will come out of baby Robert's inheritance since we have to be in town for his baptism on July 4! :lol:

DH says we will try to spend the children's inheritance before we go. :love🐑🚢🚜🍾🍹😎:highfive::yesss:

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
:weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee

Agent Jerry called this am and said that buyers are signing loan docs now. He suggested that we go ahead and close today to which I replied "YES!"
Apparently these buyers bought the place unseen and only with a video. No wonder I couldn't place them. Jerry got a call that they wanted to actually look at the property and was surprised, but their agents said that they work mostly with military families this way. Apparently, they had only seen the property on video.

Whichever one is military is probably being stationed to Fort Lewis. I think it is a joint Army Marine Base which would fit with the buyers coming from Seaside, CA. Seaside has a Naval Postgrad school. Hope they like the property. So glad it is going to a military person! My aunt's first cousin was a navy man and when in San Diego for leave MJ would pick him and his buddies up and they would go bar crawling. She managed to get them back on ship after visiting all the bars in SD by end of leave! My (second) cousin was laughing hysterically as he told me this story. Good times!!!

Anyway, everything on our side is in line to close. Called IPX this am to find out about how to get the $$$ transferred to them and they said that they don't send instructions for transfer until escrow closes so that works. Also got some good info about when we move in and convert it from income property to personal residence. Apparently you have to file a specific form with IRS.

Also trying to decide whether our decision to pay cash then refi is worthwhile, or whether we should just go ahead and take out a loan to finance additional funds to get a larger and better property. Really debating the $$$ sense of depleting savings and selling stock. Don't want to sell at a loss and conversely don't want to sell the good stuff that has gained a lot! What we really want is to have ur cake and eat it too!!! :gig

Will have to see what is available in the next week. Then we would do our dog perimeter fencing on our trips back to Texas several times a year. NOTDURING THE SUMMER MONTHS!!! Working in summer heat is not a good idea. However, we can come back during nicer weather to do the fencing, RV cover, and any barn building.

So much to do to get ready to leave in next week. Here is my schedule since last Wednesday:

Wednesday - Bridge with dear friends - they are not doing well with their cancer so if they are feeling well enugh to play bridge we want to do it.
Thursday - Nail appointment and made appointment for haircut before leaving. DH took trailer batteries to shop to have checked (no water) and charged. Clean barn jugs.
Friday - Odyssey Restaurant to sign contract for wedding venue (DD2) then have to meet traveling notary to sign closing escrow papers.
Saturday - Pick up lambs at butcher - deliver to neighbor to p/u our check. Saturday afternoon started emptying drawers and cabinets, repacking trailer for trip. DH emptying trailer belly to check over his necessary supplies - drain hoses, fill hoses etc. Also flushing water tank. Checking propane cylinders. Clean barn jugs.
Sunday - A/C on - Spent all day in trailer emptying cabinets, drawers, and under sofa storage. DGD1 came over to stay while parents took DGS1 to San Diego to camp. She "helped" and watched videos in trailer under A/C while I replaced storage area. Found out that she could fit inside empty storage area. Made plans to stow away when we leave for Texas. Unfortunately for her, storage area is now full. ;) Cleaned stove and fridge. Found one door shelf has broken support - glued it (hope it holds) - will put a pressure bar under shelf to help support it and will switch position to top of fridge where only light items will be put.
Monday - Took care of more business on line (including BYH) LOL. Made some calls, and appointments for all 3 dogs shots. Clean barn jugs. DH picking up trailer load of hay. Got to finish trailer emptying and cleaning.
Tuesday - Call power company to shut off power, call Vivant Security ditto, once escrow closes. Finish cleaning trailer so DH can close up and move it to field. Wants to get another trailer load of hay and park the trailer on the driveway where 5th wheel usually goes. This means that I have to start packing trailer with clothes.
Wednesday - Bridge with dear friends. Move DS2's car onto field to park since he is driving Black Dragon.
Thursday - 3:30 pm appointment vet. Then start setting out clothes to finish loading trailer. Finish packing business files, office supplies, etc. to work on stuff while in TX. DH pick up another trailer load of hay and park stock trailer in 5th wheel parking space.
Thursday - Vet appointment for 3 dogs. Cleaning house, getting ready for Baptism party, etc. Get out sewing machine and hem DH's new overalls, cut off and hem "rompers" and insert gussets in both pairs of shorty overalls (rompers). What the well dressed rancher wears on vacation! LOL) If time sew up some doll clothes for DGD1's birthday. Wrap DGD1's birthday presents.
Friday - Hitch 5th wheel and pull into driveway. DGD2 birthday. Get ready for Baptism party here. Finish packing clothes, start packing fridge with a few things. Most fresh food will buy when arrive in TX on way to campground.
Saturday - 10:00 am hair cut and possible "touch up" of my natural platinum blonde hair. :lol::lol: 11:00 nail appointment - cut them short. Errands to pick up anything needed for trip.

Sunday - Get ready for baptism party. Baptism at 1:30 - party immediately afterwards. 4th July BBQ at DD1's house? Back to ours for firework watching.
Monday - up at 5am to leave for Texas. DH hopes to make Albuquerque first day.

What have I forgotten? I will remember it halfway to Texas! :lol::lol: