SA Farm's journal

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is a pretty blanket. I always wanted to learn how to knit/crochet, but never did. There is a spinner's guild in the next county, but I am staying away from it..….that would mean getting wool sheep, shearing, spinning, learning to knit/crochet...….. and I have enough on my plate at the moment. :lol:

you could get a few French Angora rabbits for fiber...they take up less space :lol:

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would love to learn how to process and spin the wool I’ll be getting from the girls next year...I’m going to have to wait and see if it’s doable for me, but it would be really cool to work with my own homespun wool.
I always wanted to tan rabbit pelts too and I never got around to it, so we’ll see :p

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aw, sorry I haven’t been around. All is well, no worries :hugs
I spent the summer house-sitting for family, so I wasn’t really around, then, shortly after getting back, I was busy gearing up to go on my own vacation. Then fall business was upon me and that prevented me from being ambitious enough to catch up on all the posts I’m behind on.
I’ll start (have started) doing that now.
Sheepies are doing good. Just got a few loads of hay for them, so they should be happy. I haven’t seen any signs of heat or breeding, but Ramchop is with them full time now :fl
E0FFBAAE-5DFE-4A2E-84FF-159BE44FAA6D.jpeg
Our little grow-out group are doing good. I think I ended up with a pair of guineas. Hopefully, freeing them to eat ticks in the spring will go alright lol
EB86340A-9C70-46C1-B8DE-F8C98125803A.jpeg
As I’m now finished with my garden, I’ve opened the gates for the chickies to have their fun cleaning it up before I dig in compost. Mostly just some kale and Swiss chard left for them, but it’s all good.
B75BAF04-3C5F-4086-881C-185E60D42C35.jpeg
I still have a lot of fall work to do before winter really kicks in, but we’ve made good progress and should be able to get everything done in time, so I can start catching up and posting again ;) :)