SA Farm's journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the baby boy. When is your due date? Look for a full moon about that time, mine were born on a full moon. Something primal about birth on a full moon, most of my animals follow that same pattern. There were 27 babies born the same night as my son, 32 babies born the next night. 2nd shift nurses stayed over to help the 3rd shift nurses, they said it happened every full moon, so they well knew the "pull of the moon". LOL LOL

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the baby boy. When is your due date? Look for a full moon about that time, mine were born on a full moon. Something primal about birth on a full moon, most of my animals follow that same pattern. There were 27 babies born the same night as my son, 32 babies born the next night. 2nd shift nurses stayed over to help the 3rd shift nurses, they said it happened every full moon, so they well knew the "pull of the moon". LOL LOL
Due July 28. Not really looking forward to being huge through the heat and humidity, so thank God for AC!
There’s a full moon August 3rd...I wouldn’t be too surprised if he waited until then. That’s not very far past due lol

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm, the full moon thing works 50% for my girls ;)
Full moon the day before DD1 was born
New moon 3 days before DD2 was born
New moon 2 days before I was born
New moon the day after DW was born
Full moon 2 days before my dad was born
Last quarter 2 days after my mom was born

OK, I don't think this full moon thing is valid :D

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm, the full moon thing works 50% for my girls ;)
Full moon the day before DD1 was born
New moon 3 days before DD2 was born
New moon 2 days before I was born
New moon the day after DW was born
Full moon 2 days before my dad was born
Last quarter 2 days after my mom was born

OK, I don't think this full moon thing is valid :D
It worked for me. LOL

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH and I were both born when the moon was waning. I didn’t check anyone else I know.

First turkey egg today! :yesss: One of my girls has laid their first egg. It was on the smaller, more spotted side, so definitely a first year egg. So glad they made it before the end of March. I was beginning to wonder about them :p I can’t wait to check it for fertility, but not today. We had eggs for breakfast, so another time.
Foxy is bagging up a bit more. I think my dreams of getting my milk stand built (I got rid of my old one when we moved to Alberta), the weather warmer, and shearing done before she lambs is a pipe one. DH does not seem too enthusiastic about getting things done despite being home all the time, either :rolleyes: Typical!
We had our first Ramchop meal tonight and wow was it good! :drool Nothing like homegrown lamb chops! I’ve only had lamb a few times and it was okay, but not my favourite. I admit I was a bit skeptical about the whole thing, but I’m happy it worked out. DH is happy as the whole lamb raising idea was his in the first place! It’s his favourite! And I’m happy to have goat-like livestock to enjoy, so it’s a win-win.

Latest posts