SA Farm's journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do not rush to have your gall bladder removed. I can't tell you how to treat your problem, but it it were me, I'd only have surgery as a last resort.

I found some threads on gallstones on Sufficient Self. I have never had them and have not treated myself for them, but thought this might be something to look into. Now that you know what the problem is, you can figure out what is best for you to do.

(8) Gall stones? | SufficientSelf - Creating a Sustainable Lifestyle

(8) Gallbladder Cleanse--anyone have any first hand experience? | SufficientSelf - Creating a Sustainable Lifestyle

(8) Help! What should I eat? | SufficientSelf - Creating a Sustainable Lifestyle

(8) Gall stones? | SufficientSelf - Creating a Sustainable Lifestyle

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve added a steady amount of lemons and liver-helping fruits and veggies to my daily diet. I’m hoping to do a flush at the end of the month, figuring I’ll set myself up to make it as easy and painless as possible. I’m thinking that I’ll talk to my doc about getting a follow-up ultrasound after doing this for a few months and see where we’re at. If all goes well and I am managing it, I need to talk to him about trying for baby number 2. I need a few pain-free months before embarking on another journey of morning sickness and labour. Also, since I have PCOS, I need meds that I don’t think I can take while breastfeeding, so there’s that too.

While we’re on the topic, I realize I haven’t posted about baby for a while! He’s getting waaay too close to 30 pounds for comfort. He’s growing like a weed! He sits up, rolls over, and still stays for the most part 😂
5987C1B7-05AF-43E3-826C-7B204125ECCD.jpeg

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Put the Am rooster back in now that he seems to be healed up. I’ll give it a week, then check fertility of eggs and go from there.
I am getting excited to lockdown my first batch of chicks this coming weekend! 11 Ameraucana, 1 BCM, and 4 Cochin are developing well so far 🐣
I’ll be hatching weekly from then on. Just gotta get my turkeys outside so they can get laying! Got the cover up on their run today, so a few more zip ties and they can be out. Probably finish that up tomorrow and they can eat the little tufts of grass there before their pen turns to pure mud 😝
That’ll probably happen with the rain we’re expecting on Thursday.
Also tomorrow I’m planning to get the deep litter out for the turkeys and Cochins. Get their housing full of fresh shavings to soak up the mud 😆

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Most of my plans worked out. Cochins are done, turkeys halfway done, and I fired up my lockdown bator for tomorrow.
Also got the floor on the brooder shed installed finally! Got a brooder in there too lol. DH says he’s going to put in a shelf for me so I don’t have to bend to clean them out and will have more storage space - yay!

These were taken day before yesterday, so that snow is pretty much all gone now. Almost too hot out there at 17 degrees 😝
AD772D1A-A461-45F3-B459-3644E42CF3D9.jpeg
Mac is really coming into his own and looks absolutely gorgeous 😍
84650EB2-CC60-45C6-85B2-16EC655F5857.jpeg
I feel like it’s spring! I’m getting excited about all the things we have planned to do, but today I’m sore! It’s a relax and recoup day today and tomorrow back at it 💪

Latest posts