SageHill Ranch Journal

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
TWINS
OK - last night I posted the photo of one of The Littles bagging up. This morning I was slow getting to the barn - on purpose because of the heavy fog. AND this is what I saw.....

IMG_3045.jpeg

So exciting to find TWINS!! Very newly born - if I'd been over to the barn at my normal
time I think she'd either be lambing or in labor. The white one has a brown patch over his
shoulders (yes - a ram lamb) and the colorful one is a ewe lamb.
Look who peeked and knows what happened ...
IMG_3055.jpeg

Obi has a big smile on his face.
Both are nursing...
IMG_3054.jpeg

And I'm leaving well enough alone. While momma took her first animal cracker
from be yesterday I'm not pushing things - time for the new "family" to bond.
Question -
I have two stalls set up for sheep (others can be made available). The one stall where
these three are is 12x12 and is the stall I've kept The Littles in at night since they got here.
I did that so the Bigs/Oldies wouldn't have a chance to bully them (I haven't had any
issues - just being smart about it) during the day of course they are all together in the pasture.
Would you keep these three separate from the other 3 Littles at night?
I can easily put the other three in the other stall with the Bigs/Oldies (12x24 stall). None of
the other three Littles look like they will be lambing soon. One could be pregnant, I don't think
the other two are (damn because I'd love for the silver one to be).
When would you let these out with the rest in the pasture??
DANG - didn't get that camera up in time! :lol: -- well better late than never - I'll get going soon just setting it on the top of the stall.

BrahmerQueen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
TWINS
OK - last night I posted the photo of one of The Littles bagging up. This morning I was slow getting to the barn - on purpose because of the heavy fog. AND this is what I saw.....

View attachment 93919
So exciting to find TWINS!! Very newly born - if I'd been over to the barn at my normal
time I think she'd either be lambing or in labor. The white one has a brown patch over his
View attachment 93920

Both are nursing...
View attachment 93921
Question -
I have two stalls set up for sheep (others can be made available). The one stall where
these three are is 12x12 and is the stall I've kept The Littles in at night since they got here.
I did that so the Bigs/Oldies wouldn't have a chance to bully them (I haven't had any
issues - just being smart about it) during the day of course they are all together in the pasture.
I can easily put the other three in the other stall with the Bigs/Oldies (12x24 stall). None of
the other three Littles look like they will be lambing soon. One could be pregnant, I don't think
DANG - didn't get that camera up in time! :lol: -- well better late than never - I'll get going soon just setting it on the top of the stall.
awww they are adorable 🥰🥰🥰 and I LOVE YOUR BARN!

BrahmerQueen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
TWINS

View attachment 93919
View attachment 93920

Both are nursing...
View attachment 93921
Question -
I usually keep all my ewes with lambs together with the ones that don't and with the ram and never have bullying issues so I would watch them and see if you need to separate🤷🏼‍♀️.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I usually keep all my ewes with lambs together with the ones that don't and with the ram and never have bullying issues so I would watch them and see if you need to separate🤷🏼‍♀️.
I think I'll be putting them all together sooner than later - maybe later today. But I think I'll still keep The Littles in their 12x12 at night.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sometimes with new mothers, it helps to keep them separate for a few days. I had a ewe single her first time, twin her second time and it was like she didn't know she had 2. So I jugged her and the twins. Let the dog in and she went into defensive mode, protecting BOTH. Ohhhh! THAT one is mine too! A couple of days and all was good.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
You know we expect lots of lamb pictures, right?
:lol: --- but of course!! They are sooo cute. It looks like the other three I bought are pregnant as well. Either that or I'm hopeful 😆.
Mama and lambs are doing great - she's got it figured out. Last night the lambs were bouncing around the coral and the stall. The other Littles are fine with them. They're both nursing well they've got that udder punch down to a science and those little tails wag a mile a minute.
I hope that the excitement and joy of having lambs never wears off. The awe I know for sure will stay.