SageHill Ranch Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alright... I have heard this for YEARS but I can not for the life of me figure out how yall get them clean enough to eat...
Serioiusly.. I can't picture any of you super busy, hard working ladies sitting down for half an hour to give a dead rooster a through pedicure.....

You have to scald and peel them. A few years ago, a couple friends and I bought 100+ almost ready to slaughter meat birds for something like $3/bird and my mom asked me to save the feet for her. I spent hours scalding and peeling them. I’m pretty sure there’s still some in her freezer.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have to scald and peel them. A few years ago, a couple friends and I bought 100+ almost ready to slaughter meat birds for something like $3/bird and my mom asked me to save the feet for her. I spent hours scalding and peeling them. I’m pretty sure there’s still some in her freezer.
Nope. I can't get my own nails clean enough sometimes & my hands haven't been in poop & mud 24/7 for weeks. Scalding or not, I'm just not going to believe they're clean. :sick

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nope. I can't get my own nails clean enough sometimes & my hands haven't been in poop & mud 24/7 for weeks. Scalding or not, I'm just not going to believe they're clean. :sick
Cut the end of the toes off. Using tongs, scald 1 foot for about 10 seconds. Immerse in cold water, it should peel easy.

Regular chicken feet are pretty skinny, Cornish Cross are bigger. They make a good broth.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cut the end of the toes off. Using tongs, scald 1 foot for about 10 seconds. Immerse in cold water, it should peel easy.

Regular chicken feet are pretty skinny, Cornish Cross are bigger. They make a good broth.
:) - though I think I'll still give them to the dogs - it's good for their teeth - keeping tartar off.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally got on top of the rain "remodeling" of the ranch road - TRACTORS RULE !!! Harrowed the arenas - picked out big rocks. Sausage ragu on the stove and it smells yummy. We've got a friend staying with us who is working at a tracking test (dog thing). When she get's back here today we're going to go work her young dog in the big arena - then eat.
GORGEOUS DAY out today - started 48, blue skies and currently 73 !!!! EEEP!! Love it - but not the wake up of scaled creatures. Haven't seen anything but little lizzies. That's good.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Heard San Diego had an earthquake that was felt as far as Orange County.
You OK?
Thanks for checking!!! ❤️ It was a big loud thud-boom for us. About 3 miles from the observatory and about 30 miles from us.
We are all fine and doing well here. Just a "bump in the night". Or as the long ago tv California Happy Cow commercial for CA Cheese - the cow's opinion is "foot massage"
Here's that commercial - enjoy: