SassyLegacy - Horse journal

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry I haven’t said anything for a while, I’ve been pretty busy. I know this is called my horse journal but why not tell you more about me. I am in school at the moment, and I was online for this whole year and now I’m going back 5 days a week tomorrow which will make me even busier which is going to be horrible. Anyway, about horses, I am going to start jumping Ringo, but I don’t have an English saddle yet so we just have been going over little poles that I have. I just rode Cactus again today because we had to go to some stuff with our cows, and she was super alive. Some of you might not know what jigging is but she does it a lot when she is excited. Jigging is we’re they are walking but trotting at the same time and it is very uncomfortable and annoying but at the end she finally stopped. If anyone has any advice on anything I would surely appreciate it!

Jumping Ringo:
View attachment 84468
Looks like fun. I think we might be a lot alike. I love jumping, but I started with an ex-dressage horse.
Good luck tomorrow!!! I went back from hybrid a couple weeks ago, and five days a week school has been a challenge, but I actually think it forces me to be productive when I am at home.

SassyLegacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Looks like fun. I think we might be a lot alike. I love jumping, but I started with an ex-dressage horse.
Good luck tomorrow!!! I went back from hybrid a couple weeks ago, and five days a week school has been a challenge, but I actually think it forces me to be productive when I am at home.
Yes I do think we are alike. Yes I had to go back full time because I couldn’t focus at home.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I worry for the kids that aren’t getting what they need with this at home school, hybrid school and full time school. I hope you catch up and can get back in the swing of things and do well at your studies.

Jigging, could that also be called prancing? I’ve had and ridden horses that just wanted to GO. A loose rein and they just keep getting faster and faster. A taunt rein, that head is up, chomping at the bit, muscles are spring coiled, legs moving in short, choppy motion, it’s a bumpy ride. LOL LOL I’ve had horses that would lip at the bit shank, bite it and try to run. A cut back shank fixed that.

Jumping will be fun, even better once you get a saddle. Hope you find one soon.

SassyLegacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I worry for the kids that aren’t getting what they need with this at home school, hybrid school and full time school. I hope you catch up and can get back in the swing of things and do well at your studies.

Jigging, could that also be called prancing? I’ve had and ridden horses that just wanted to GO. A loose rein and they just keep getting faster and faster. A taunt rein, that head is up, chomping at the bit, muscles are spring coiled, legs moving in short, choppy motion, it’s a bumpy ride. LOL LOL I’ve had horses that would lip at the bit shank, bite it and try to run. A cut back shank fixed that.

Jumping will be fun, even better once you get a saddle. Hope you find one soon.
Yeah jigging is no fun lol. Yes I’m hoping I can start really jumping by this summer.

SassyLegacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
About a week ago, my dad took Cactus up to help a guy with his cows. My dad went in the truck with his friend and Cactus went in with the other horses. On the way up there one of the horse kicked Cactus and left pretty bad cuts on both of her back legs so she just has been resting in her pen and I have been putting water and some medicine on it this week.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poor Cactus. Try to go something good and your horse gets beat up. Hope she gets better quick.

SassyLegacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
3C446635-202A-4E37-A324-9A9E17A1E608.jpeg

I took Ringo to my grandma’s house and this is him just nibbling on some hay.