Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
You could always bring in another buck to service Black Jade. :)
GW keeps me in line. :( I really want to not have Nubians. I do love our girls and our wonderful buck (big puppy Olaf) but I just really don't have want a whole breeding program. I love my Lamanchas and my mini manchas. The issue is they are out of our beloved Ruby and I just don't know if I can part with them.
Not quite the same but kind of like having some of Callie's boys here... I see my girl everyday in them.

I love all the names you have for your goats.
I named 2 of the keeper ewes this year, Dit-Dot and Scottie, grand daughters named the other 2, Belle and Pickle. :lol:
Thanks. DD youngest never likes my names. :\:rolleyes:
I LOVE the name Pickle! We have a Belle! I do like Scottie but Dit-dot would tie my tongue. LOL

I am working on registration papers tonight for the upcoming shows. I need to come up with some names!
I have some I like but I want to make sure those goats will be forever keeper goats. :hide

We were looking at the Boots doeling... the one that sold, we told them about the Boots theme (dam being Ariat Boots) they named the doeling Minnetonka. So I was thinking about a boots name for this girl. I was looking at the Casadei Rodeo Boots.
:ep Heck, this goat ain't worth that! :lol: On sale for $1,125. Yep 1/2 price right now. What a steal for Faux pony!

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow! We've been so busy but I had to pop in with an update. We had our first show of the season at the Legendary show.

This show is a little earlier than I like but with us kidding so late I think the goats would look their best in a few weeks. We didn't have real high expectations but were excited to see how everyone would do.

We took two Lamancha milkers. Unfortunately there were no other 3 y/o milkers in Charlotte's class so she of course made it to the CH lineup. All the judges has really nice things to say about Charlotte. :) She's quickly becoming one of my favorites. :love
IMG_1696.JPG

Mariah won her class in all 4 rings of the open show and was RCH in all four rings as well!
In the ADGA sanctioned youth show she was GCH AOP (being shown against Saanens and Alpines).
IMG_1667.JPG

Trudy and Allure did very well too, they were competitive and but didn't go grand or reserve. I forgot to get some pics of these two girls. They are maturing nicely!

Mousse (Grade) was GCH in all 4 rings, we didn't scratch her because the numbers weren't there with the grades :(
IMG_1720.JPG

Red Hot (Peanut) at only a few weeks fresh placed really well!
This was a super competitive show and all the judges mentioned how tough the Nigerian classes were, they all seemed really impressed with the quality of goats being shown. She was 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd in the different rings. She was being a complete DIVA the entire time LOL
I think in a few weeks she'll look fantastic! She's still a little thin from kidding quads 3 weeks ago. She only needs one more leg to finish.
Wings & Caprines IR red hot.JPG

Scarlet was 1st place in the youth show as well as the first two rings. She went GCH in the 2nd ring so I went ahead and pulled her as to not possibly "block" others from getting a dry leg. This isn't the best pic of her, she is a stunning doe, one of my favorites from this year.
I was going to get a better pic of her today but she ended up catching her eyelid in a fence wire this morning :th:th:th
So that'll have to wait.
IMG_1709.JPG

(pic from before the show below)
Wings & Caprines 2019 kids and  farm (10).JPG

Berlin was simply a terror. My fault for not being able to work with her much before they show. Her class was MASSIVE!!! She was 2nd twice, 6th once, and 1st place once. She was RCH once. Kinda amazing that the judges could see her qualities with her being so naughty! She was on her worst behavior when she placed 6th (still in the top half of the class so can't complain). When she was 1st and RCH she was walking a little better :)
Legendary Show May 2019  (59).jpg

Willow was 1st & GCH in the youth show, 1st in all 4 rings, RCH in 2 rings, and GCH in the 4th ring!
..... and to top it off, she went on to be BEST Jr DOE IN SHOW!!!!! :weee:love:th My first ever BIS win! :weee
I couldn't believe it! It was really special, she is 2nd generation Wings & Caprines, as we bred both her sire and dam.

IMG_1711.JPG

Legendary Show May 2019  (87).jpg