OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats. So, it is okay to wear teni-shoes at a goat show?

You can really wear any type of shoes. This wasn't a "showmanship" competition.
In a showmanship competition you would want to wear some conservative brown or black shoes. No mud boots and you would not want to wear brightly colored shoes.
In a showmanship competition in a very close completion as to how the exhibitor is showing the goat, they then start to nit pick little things like who isn't wearing a belt, shoes, and believe it or not if the goats feet are dirty.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
We are very excited! This was CarolinaGirl's last chance to earn a dry leg, so it couldn't have been better!

It was funny, in 2nd ring, a friend handled CarolinaGirl and I handled Clover. The judge put them in the front of the line and then said "I'm gonna need to see them walk for a long time". And we did :thIt appeared that the judge was having a difficult time but placed CarolinaGirl over her sister.

We had a great time, but gosh do you get busy when it's a 2 ring show and you are showing different ages of Nigerians, Lamanchas, and Grades that are all back-to-back. I held up the grade class in ring 1 for quite a while :hide

Great people and great goats :thumbsup

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
We are very excited! This was CarolinaGirl's last chance to earn a dry leg, so it couldn't have been better!

It was funny, in 2nd ring, a friend handled CarolinaGirl and I handled Clover. The judge put them in the front of the line and then said "I'm gonna need to see them walk for a long time". And we did :thIt appeared that the judge was having a difficult time but placed CarolinaGirl over her sister.

We had a great time, but gosh do you get busy when it's a 2 ring show and you are showing different ages of Nigerians, Lamanchas, and Grades that are all back-to-back. I held up the grade class in ring 1 for quite a while :hide

Great people and great goats :thumbsup

Yeah that's why That's so Raven decided she had enough and laid down on the lady who was showing her for me.
So, I had to switch with her and let her take Eclipse and pick her up and carry her.
That was kind of funny.