Senile Texas Aggie - comic relief for the rest of you

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very interesting! I will have to add these to my reading collection. I'm especially interested in 'Unthinkable'...sounds like a very neat book :)
I've read a few books like that, but they were focused on animals.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, our nieces and grandnieces were unable to come visit us, as the father/step father was sick and unable to care the 2 year old and 3 month old while the mother and her daughter and the mother's sister went to Fayetteville for a campus visit. We found out they weren't coming after buying groceries for them, expecting to cook a large breakfast for them. So my Beautiful Gal and I had a wonderful breakfast by ourselves, with scrambled eggs, pan fried potatoes, country biscuits, and some sausage/flour milk gravy to ladle over them all. Sure was good eatin'!
What a bummer!

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
One of the funniest books I ever read was The Egg and I by Betty MacDonald

I just downloaded a sample, which we will read after we finish our current selection. Thanks for the recommendation!

Unthinkable for sure! I don't imagine I would want to be any of those people for even a day. Imagine a life lived that way.

Gosh, Mr. @Bruce! Besides Miss @AmberLops, I guess you and Miss @Baymule have taken pity on me as well. :)

Yesterday my Beautiful Gal and I saw something neither of had ever seen before: we saw something in the pond from the porch but could not make out what it was. I feared the pig had returned and was wading in the pond. But it turned out to be a doe! She stayed there for 20 minutes or so before she got out, then a couple of hours later got back in the pond and stayed another 20 minutes or so before getting back out. I have often seen cows wade in a pond to cool off but never a deer. Has any of you ever seen that?

Well, I took my tractor back to Alma to get the curl function hydraulics fixed. I hope I get it back soon. I miss my favorite toy! :hit

Also yesterday, my Beautiful Gal had one of the rare occasions where she was able to penetrate my thick Texas Aggie skull and impress on me the need for a landscape rake for the tractor. She realized how useful they could be after I mentioned it and we watched videos on YouTube of Outdoors with the Morgans, Hamiltonville Farm, and Stoney Ridge Farmer. Can any of you recommend a good brand and/or model or equally important a brand and/or model to avoid?

Senile Texas Aggie

Latest posts