Senile Texas Aggie - comic relief for the rest of you

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you need the Severe Xtreme Duty rake? The Extreme Duty one is $932, $200 cheaper. And it is the one that pivots at 2 points, the more expensive one does not. Might be useful for raking junk out from under trees.

I think the Titan looks similar to my rake though from the pictures it isn't clear if it rotates all the way around for use as Mike described or just with the tines facing forward.

Can you just cut the greenbriars at ground level and let them die in the trees instead of pulling them down?

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I only use mine for raking gravel on the driveway and occasionally raking dirt but I usually use my front end loader for the dirt since I can control adjusting for contour with the FEL (in reverse of course). I do use it for tree branches in reverse of course as said before. The rake has done everything I needed and it does pivot for right\left angles as well as fore and aft.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The redbud tree.....cut off the dead parts and see what'cha got. If it is rotting down the center of the trunk, it's Bye Bye Redbud-eventually. I have a Redbud tree that Red Wattle hogs straddled, walked it down so they could eat the leaves. It looked sorta sad for awhile, but is determined to live. Maybe yours will kick in and get busy living.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Regarding the landscape rake, the Titan does rotate 360º. I ordered the 6' w/ the training wheels from Amazon. It is supposed to arrive some time later this month.

Regarding the red bud, we can certainly cut off the dead limbs. I just fear that eventually there won't be any limbs left!

Well, I got my favorite toy, namely my tractor, back from the shop today. Man I am so glad to get it back! There was no additional charge for the repair, so that's good. Now I can get busy out in the pastures again cutting grass and other fun stuff!

That's all from western Arkansas! All of you have a wonderful rest of the day and a restful night! :highfive:

Senile Texas Aggie

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
All,

I tried posting this yesterday but the internet was so slow that the picture uploads would time out, so I will try again this morning.

The folks who work for the man who leased out pasture came and mowed, raked, and baled earlier this week. The baler just finished "laying an egg".
20190910_141401_raking_and_baling.jpg

Yesterday I had a dump truck load of sand delivered to use in filling in all of the holes the pig left. Here is a picture of the sand pile:
20190913_130624_sandpile.jpg

Here is a picture of the south end of the back porch where the pig dug:
20190913_130913_back_porch.jpg

The leach field for the septic tank:
20190913_131026_leach_field.jpg

The south end of the front porch:
20190913_131117_south_end_front_porch.jpg

The north end of the front porch:
20190913_131135_north_end_of_front_porch.jpg

Speaking of the pig, we saw her early yesterday morning, hobbling across the pasture! We had not seen her for 2 weeks, ever since I shot her in the right rear and the left side. I thought that she had gone into the woods and bled to death. But nope, there she was! We went out after breakfast to try to find her, but she ran into the woods before we got close enough to shoot her.

My Beautiful Gal's sister Treasa and her husband James are visiting for a few days so I might not be on the forum for a while. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Senile Texas Aggie

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is a beautiful field. I love seeing rolls of hay dotting fields. The pig did some damage, that's what they do. I used to raise pigs in one of my front pastures, but I was trying to establish grass in it. I filled in the holes and built a dedicated pig pen.

Enjoy your family!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I had a dump truck load of sand delivered to use in filling in all of the holes the pig left.
Why did you choose sand instead of topsoil since you are repairing grass?

I'm thinking I need a couple of bunkers. 1 with sand and one I can mix that with the clay/sludge I pulled from the pond. Not sure that stuff would be a great choice for leveling out or covering rock tips.

Have fun with your in-laws!!