Senile Texas Aggie - comic relief for the rest of you

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry for their contracting the virus. Hope that it was caught soon enough to be able to fight it and do okay. If they were exposed to it at the 4th of July, how do they know that? Has someone else tested positive from that group? If they knew they had it they shouldn't have gone to the family gathering. I hope that they both are able to fight this off and get back to a normal life. My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sad to hear STA :( I suspect since we are now about 2 weeks out from July 4th the numbers will continue to rise. I just heard that we crossed 70K new cases yesterday, the new cases on a given day just keep increasing. The entire south is turning red.

I don't know if I've shared this page yet. 7 day running average by state or county.

I'm glad that at least these weren't the people who were visiting you (which has kept of from our tractor fix).

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry for their contracting the virus. Hope that it was caught soon enough to be able to fight it and do okay. If they were exposed to it at the 4th of July, how do they know that? Has someone else tested positive from that group? If they knew they had it they shouldn't have gone to the family gathering. I hope that they both are able to fight this off and get back to a normal life. My thoughts are with you and your wife.

I don't know the specific details, whether the family members who attended the July 4th party knew at the time they had COVID-19 and decided to attend anyway, or if they found out after attending. Either way, it is a sad thing. Thank you for your concern, Miss @farmerjan.

Sad to hear STA :( I suspect since we are now about 2 weeks out from July 4th the numbers will continue to rise. I just heard that we crossed 70K new cases yesterday, the new cases on a given day just keep increasing. The entire south is turning red.

I don't know if I've shared this page yet. 7 day running average by state or county.

I'm glad that at least these weren't the people who were visiting you (which has kept of from our tractor fix).

Thanks for the link. I have now saved that link for reference later. As for the folks who were visiting us recently, actually it was Treasa and James, who visited and then left the morning of July 4 to go back home. Perhaps you are referring to the family members who were COVID-19 positive who attended the July 4th party and who possibly infected Treasa and James. If so, I am glad they weren't the ones visiting, either.

Senile Texas Aggie

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
So your visitors are the infected ones but got it after they visited you? If so you've had nearly 2 weeks to catch us up on your Kioti adventures!!!!! Where ya been? ;)

You'll understand better when I can get caught up and can post more, but realize that I have been without a tractor for 3 months and a lot of work piled up. I have been trying to get a good bit of that done. This morning I plan to do the 50 hour service on the tractor, which requires changing the transmission hydraulic fluid filters and engine oil and filter. Once I am finished, I plan to get back to making more of a dent in the work that is needed. But I promise to fill in all of the details when I get time. And there will be pictures!

Senile Texas Aggie

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just catching up a bit on some of the journals. Man oh man that’s a dang nice tractor:drool!! Sure has a lot more features than my old 60s farmall 560 :lol: My old coworker has a kioti very similar I’m not sure what model his is vs yours but he never had and bad thing to say about his tractor. Always was bragging about the AC in the summer and how toasty he was while plowing snow in the winter. That’s what I’d like to work up to eventually. I’d like a smaller tractor than what I’ve got to be honest. It’s a beast and can get a lot done but it’s too big to get into some of the places I’d like to use it. But I’m not complaining it sure saves me a lot of time in the places I do get to use it.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
All,

I have finally caught back up on everyone's journals and so am able to describe what has been happening here.

As I mentioned in another post on someone else's journal, I have been having problems with the quick attach adapter not holding onto the grapple or the tree shear. The dealer came here a couple of days after I had called and told him about it. Unfortunately he came on a day and time when a thunderstorm was approaching. I told him what I thought was the problem, which was that the pins of the adapter holding the bottom portion of the attachment were coming up and allowing the attachment to come off. We tried to get the bucket that came with the loader to come off. We could not do so when dragging the edge of the bucket along the ground while driving backward. The bucket stayed tight. Then I suggested we try what I think are the forces acting on the grapple, using chains and 3 cross ties as a load on the bucket, with the bucket in the dump position. But by then it started raining hard so we couldn't do the test. The dealer concluded that probably my grapple and tree shear are not meeting spec for quick attach compatible attachments. Until I can make the bucket come off the way the grapple and tree shear sometimes do, then I will simply have to be careful with those attachments.

After he left and the rain stopped, I decided it was time to replace the bridge over the ditch that goes into the overgrown pasture areas. The bridge I had there was wide enough for the Gator and my old tractor, but not wide enough for the new tractor. I still had the portable bridge from last year that I decided to use to replace that bridge. I had added a second layer of pressure treated 2x6s to provide additional strength, as it had not been strong enough to hold up my other tractor when I carried 3 cross ties in the grapple. This time, using the new tractor (which is a good bit heavier than my old one) carrying 3 cross ties, I drove across the bridge (where I built it near the shop), and the bridge held just fine. Yay! So the next test would be to try to pick up the bridge with the tractor. My older tractor could just barely pick up the bridge before I added the second layer of 2x6s. But this tractor had no problem picking up the bridge. Another yay! So I carried the new bridge over to the ditch where the too-narrow bridge was, drug out that bridge, and then lifted up and set into place the new bridge. It fit just fine. Then I drove across the new bridge. It held up just fine and felt quite solid. A third yay! I swapped out the grapple for the bucket and put dirt on top of the corduroy, smoothed it out, then went to the other side and smoothed that out, which was deeply rutted from it being so wet earlier in the year. Here are pictures of the results.

Looking southeast over the corduroy and bridge into the overgrown area: 20200713_151058_bridge_looking_south.jpg

Looking northwest from the overgrown area: 20200713_151131_bridge_looking_north.jpg

To be continued...

Senile Texas Aggie

Latest posts