So there is some serious speculation that Cissy is pregnant

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I joined a forum called "The Goat Spot" and decided to post pictures of Cissy's udders (which I am CONVINCED have gotten bigger!). She kidded in January and the babe was removed in April(april 1st actually) from her/field. She has pretty big udders, and doesn't appear uncomfortable as one would expect from a goat/animal that needs milking.

Again, I am CONVINCED they have gotten bigger lol. She had hairier teats when we got her, and around them was hairier and now it looks like someone has coloured outside the lines with udder colour (LOL if that makes sense).

cissy_udders.jpg

cissy_udders2.jpg

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I think you are right ;) It might just be precocious (oy, spelling)...but there's something there.

A lot of people think a doe nursing can't be bred, but just like people - it's not true. They can be bred right back...

Biotracking LOL

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm certain it has gotten bigger, LOL... I might see about doing the "pooch test" on her, if she'll ever let me get a picture of her rear end! ETA: I haven't felt her udder yet, but it doesn't appear hot, swollen, red, and she doesn't seem uncomfortable at all, which is what has happened to female dogs I have had that have had a "precocious udder", in most dog cases they get mastitis.

I'm going to give it a feel tomorrow, Kerry thought she might have been bred along with another doe, so I guess it is possible.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I still can't figure out the pooch test...and most of the time when I ask for someone to do one for me, they've been wrong. I mean, I know what they say to be looking for...but it's just not the same from one doe to the next.

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I've heard. May as well give it a go though right? I haven't looked at her back end in a couple days, I caught a glimpse and it did look different to Hermiones, who is much younger (6 months) but obviously unbred.

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
cissy_pooch2.jpg

Just thought I'd post this, I had to put my hand on her tail to keep her from throwing it down again (cheeky bugger!). It was really sunny out by the way lol.

I guess time will tell if she really is pregnant, I could draw blood, but we'll see. She's not enormous in the gut, but she's not streamlined like Hermione is either, I suppose this could mean she is not that far along then if she *is* pregnant..

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She doesn't look pregnant to me, at least not yet if she has been exposed.

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
See, that's funny, because a lot of people have said that based on her udder she looks pregnant. I realize there is the risk of precocious udder, but IDK.

Her first baby was weaned off her in April, born in January.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I agree, from what 'they' say you look for being too hollow...she appears open.

LOL But remember my disclaimer, please...