Sore hocks

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This is ran by Brickhouse acres rabbitry its a meat rabbit breeders list. If I copied it right, find your state and it shows different breeders. I saw champagne and cremes in Indiana. Didn't look at Illinois.

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yes I forgot about this site. I do know alot of sites be outdated. So I am reading some of Bob Bennetts books on raising rabbits and he says he give terramycin to all his rabbits all the time. Wow. But I did want to get some just in case I had a sick rabbit to have on hand, but I see some stuff but it's not labeled for rabbits. And some you need a vet script for.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes I forgot about this site. I do know alot of sites be outdated. So I am reading some of Bob Bennetts books on raising rabbits and he says he give terramycin to all his rabbits all the time. Wow. But I did want to get some just in case I had a sick rabbit to have on hand, but I see some stuff but it's not labeled for rabbits. And some you need a vet script for.
I keep terramycin on hand for their eyes. One that needed the most took a header and broke his back. Dr. Pol said you can use neosporin external. When I had quail aloe vera was my go to. I read it's toxic to rabbits.
I've ordered mite drops from Valley vet? in Kansas? I can't swear to what they carried and what needs scripts . How's the hocks?

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
This is a water soluble powder. They are about the same. Sorta look like calluses. Not infected. Going to doctor her some more later. Snow is taking alot of my energy and time. We got like 2 inches more last nite. On top of all the other snow. Sold all the kits. I'm glad to be done with that. Maybe only sell a few out of the other litters. The rest butcher. It's alot of work dealing with people!
I told my oldest she can sell whatever she wants and just give me a few dollars. Maybe my dad would help me butcher. He bbq a rabbit one time it was so delicious. I may go get those champagnes next week the guy is busy this week. I did message so others from that link that were closest to me. I would like some cremes. They would probably sell easy for pets too. With all these does inside I do have some cage space. If I get a nice champagne buck with papers I will cull the other one, he isn't friendly. The buck I just sold was so friendly he will jump into your arms. I like rabbits like that.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nothing like fried rabbit never had one bbq'd.
Cool about the hocks cuz that can get ugly.
The hardest part cleaning your bunnies is going to be the first step. After that they are truly the easiest thing I've ever done. Squirrels shed all over everything. I hate plucking. I skinned all the birds. Fat on geese you can trust but ducks man when they eat fish WHOA .
I tried trimming nails after work today. Everybody but my champagne is doable. To say he freaks out doesn't even come close.

Last edited:

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I need to do everythings nails! Especially my dogs. They hate it. I want to use the rex pelts, as soon I figure out how to do it. Lol.
Here is the baby rexies I have.
20210209_150750.jpg
20210209_150756.jpg

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
No work again tomorrow, I may go get some nice hay bales. My rabbits have been eating crap hay. Poor babies. 45 mins each way. Oh well if I get 2 bales will last along time.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Darn thought I took better pics.
Your pictures look fine. Bunnies look good. Rex are pretty. I see it looks like you use staples for tacking your wire down. Poultry staples are hard to drive in but they hold better cuz they go deeper. I hold one side with needle nose pliers till I get it started. Saves fingers generally get them in straight. Don't need as many as with the stapler type.
What would you use the pelts for? I don't know how to tan. I have used borax to dry squirrel and deer tails for fishing lures. Skin gets real hard but stops rot.
IMG_20210209_194830300.jpg