Sore hocks

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Not yet, but I'd like to. I hate to waste anything on the rabbits. CA passed a law recently going after fur sales, so I don't think I can even sell the pelts now. I will probably use them in crafts and gifts.
That's a shame, glad I don't live out there.
Rex fur would probably do good trimming gloves, coat hoods. I can see my dog now eating the pillow:barnie.
@Rabbitsbysara might as well be living on the tundra. One winter near Chicago at boot camp and school broke me of wanting to move to the Yukon.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
His lordship still mad from yesterday. See his ears that's the Go ahead you ain't so tough look.
Right this very daggone minute it is snowing lightly. Supposed to turn to rain later then snow again tomorrow. I want spring.
IMG_20210210_171737898.jpg

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I know that's right! I watch these Alaska shows and it looks beautiful until they say 50 below zero. Forget it! I want to move somewhere warmer! Seasons are great, but don't like extremes. As long as it doesn't get below 20 it's great. Don't even mind some snow. My rabbits outside are good. They have deep straw and I have those insulation blankets too. 2 out of 4 waters were frozen. I am going to raise the cages when the weather breaks. I drove 45 each way yesterday to get some good grass hay. 10.00 a bale! Way better than the standlee Timothy grass those bales are 23.00 and it's poor quality grass. My rabbits are happy now, eating nice hay!

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I know that's right! I watch these Alaska shows and it looks beautiful until they say 50 below zero. Forget it! I want to move somewhere warmer! Seasons are great, but don't like extremes. As long as it doesn't get below 20 it's great. Don't even mind some snow. My rabbits outside are good. They have deep straw and I have those insulation blankets too. 2 out of 4 waters were frozen. I am going to raise the cages when the weather breaks. I drove 45 each way yesterday to get some good grass hay. 10.00 a bale! Way better than the standlee Timothy grass those bales are 23.00 and it's poor quality grass. My rabbits are happy now, eating nice hay!
That's a lot of riding. I got 2 places on the way home with good hay 7$.
36 with a breeze and I'm shivering. Dang blood thinners.

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You better pull out your thick wool sweaters and socks! I think I don't have circulation in my toes, they are always freezing. Time to go back to work. This morning I had to shovel the ice off the stairs of the bus. Inside I mean!

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I know that's right. Dummy went outside at break without his coat. It's gonna snow again tonight. They say a dusting. Last night was supposed to be 2-4 turned all rain. Tonight probably get some. I saw teachers out your way finished the strike on the news. Ice on the bus I can believe it.
So I put straw in the hutches to help block the wind coming up. I never figured they would eat it though. I thought it was crappy. I know it's barley straw but never expected to see corn stalks in it. I push it around they root through it. They are fun to watch. Especially when you move or add something and they get an attitude.

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My Californian buck, he is nasty sprays piss everywhere. But he is so sweet. He jumps into my arms. The other day I didn't catch him he jumped into the snow. He never has an attitude. I love him, but he is nasty. My champagne doe is super sweet too. Mine don't eat the straw, but alot of them use it as the potty instead of the bed. Harder to clean up.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Friday morning 2:53 am like I want to drive 27 miles in this.IMG_20210212_025447642.jpg
I drove down to the hiway started slipping and came right back home
IMG_20210212_050331253.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I feel you! That's what all them people in Texas should have done! So cold here and am so much snow, side streets in the city are pure ice. Took forever yesterday in the bus. Had to go 2 mph in 1st and pray I didn't slide into a car. But it was so important they return to school on a Thursday. Then they are off again on Monday. So stupid!

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I feel you! That's what all them people in Texas should have done! So cold here and am so much snow, side streets in the city are pure ice. Took forever yesterday in the bus. Had to go 2 mph in 1st and pray I didn't slide into a car. But it was so important they return to school on a Thursday. Then they are off again on Monday. So stupid!
Folks from my old job moved out there with the company. They hardly get anything and when they do they don't know. Up at work they hardly got cars covered. South of me some have 6 inches. Storm was maybe 60 miles wide.