Southern's 2015 Kidding -Mini's off to new home

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:idunno I looked at her and don't see anything. Usually dd is on her game ... but I am thinking she was hallucinating or something...
:hide

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

While we working on fencing a new kid area, working on the "barn", and generally busy but outside the whole day Mo Clone (the kiko) kidded! We missed the whole thing! :lol:

The dairy goats and MoClone were all locked out in the front field so we wouldn't have goats climbing on us and we could actually get some work done. 30 minutes earlier I ran more alfalfa out to the girls... Mo Clone was at the feeder right along with them and NO goop, no mucous... nothing.

Skip forward 30 minutes, my son was taking a wheelbarrow full of waste straw out to the compost, I was handling the gates (the goats like to storm through) my son dumps the waste and looks up and says "Mom, Mo Clone has twins"... I said "No she di... then stopped looked over and behind a small cluster of trees is Mo! WITH TWINS! up and nursing!

Of course I start screaming I am so excited.. Mo Clone has babies, get DD get so and so ... the whole family all came running through gates to get to the field and now the LGD's come out as I left the gate open...

She lost her plug and had 2 kids just like that! It was awesome! She was a FF too! Kids were even cleaned off already... Seems like our Kikos just go super fast and the kids fly out. :hu

They are PB Kiko/PB Lamancha... so 50/50 and adorable!
Chunk our almost 10 month old pup LOVES this Kiko and has really watched out for her since we brought her to the dairy field... the dairy goats are brutal on the meatgoats and have been really mean to her ... Chunk runs interference and stands between them so they don't pound her to death... Anyway Chunk came running over... his first time present at a kidding. He was absolutely wonderful. crawled on his belly and the kids came right up to him... he stayed put and obviously sees them as "his" charges.

Callie was out there too, she eventually came up and laid down... on alert and I think was happy to be doing what she loves.
Mo with her twins!
Buckling frosted ears, doeling white poll
SAM_5420 - Copy.JPG

Chunk crawling to see the babies
SAM_5427.JPG

The kid comes right up... this is the buckling I think
SAM_5430.JPG

Still drying but be bopping around
SAM_5435.JPG

Chunk loves Mo Clone
SAM_5437.JPG

Callie happy to be out doing her job