Southern's 2015 Kidding -Mini's off to new home

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did not bump/bounce her last night. I was just too emotionally wore out.
I will look at Trouble tis am. It could be she is just fat too... she NEVER stopped eating her alfalfa the whole time. Seriously! :rolleyes:
It was sooooo cold last night too! Damp wet chill you to the bone kinda cold.

So our first f-2 mini is a buckling... believe me I checked several times.. danglies are still there :lol:
He has erect ears (not uncommon on a f-2) his face is less dished which is good! His color is gorgeous! His weight was good 5lbs exactly. He got his blue eyes from his momma.
A shame I cannot register him. But it is fine. I will watch him over the next month or so and see if he will be sold or freezer meat.
The sire has great genetics and my dam although she is a FF her dam is our best milker on the farm. Trouble's sire improves udder attachment and we can clearly see that now that she is in milk.
Her colostrum was not as thick as Katies but still very thick.. interesting.
Just because he is unregistered doesn't mean I don't want quality ... he has some great genetics behind him.

Here he is... I will get better pics... soon I hope!
SAM_4780 - Copy.JPG

SAM_4781 - Copy.JPG
SAM_4783.JPG

This is Percy his Sire (registered)
Percy 1.jpg

Percy's sire (Reg) he is a brown red with moonspots
4016546_orig - Copy.jpg
Percy's dam
this is her 12 hour fill as FF
(Reg)
1413712272.png 1404381693.jpg

This is his granddam- Troubles mom and that is trouble as a baby
SAM_0014 - Copy.JPG SAM_0357.JPG

MsDeb

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow! SBC, I thought I caught up yesterday but totally missed this thread. Talk about a roller coaster ride. You must be exhausted emotionally as well as physically. Prayers and cyber-hugs. :hugs

Bucking Adoeable Fainters

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at that face!

Sorry about Your friend. I dont know what it is right now, but my life is an emotional roller coaster too. I promise you are not alone. So completely draining. I keep trying to focus on all the new life and Pray for healing of my heart for the loss. I pray the same for you <3

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
So they are in the playpen! All pulled this year and I am LOVING IT!
We are prepping a new area but work and weather are not cooperating! Hopefully they will be in a stall soon. When it is nice out they go out in a pen on the porch.
They play with the stuff on the playpen it is so funny!
The new mini is in there too! Hate having singles... but since they were pulled it will be good he will bond with his buddies. :)
SAM_4822.JPG
SAM_4824.JPG
SAM_4829.JPG
SAM_4830.JPG
SAM_4831.JPG
SAM_4838.JPG

Latest posts