Ginger's Goats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

If you have Netflix, I encourage you to try a really awesome show called Supernatural. They have some really amazing examples of staying strong even when it hurts, and their actors are actually amazing people. Two of the actors (Jensen Ackles) and (Misha Collins) partnered up with a company called Random Acts, it's a Crisis support network and it's helped a lot of people. (*WARNING it is a horror show so viewer discretion is advised. Not for people who don't do well with blood.*)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that you suffer from depression. When I'm feeling down, I really appreciate my animals. They have a calming effect.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
I really do appreciate this thread as I have had very bad depression in the past, as well as anxiety that never seems to go away. I agree with latestarter that the animals can work miracles if you are feeling crappy.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another past sufferer from depression related to a chronic physical problem, I echo what has been said by Latestarter and luvmypets.......my animals were my therapy (and still are). The need to attend to their food/illnesses and therapies made me get out there when all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball. Their genuine affection towards me, even when I felt negative and hopeless, was a persisting comfort.

When you feel at your worst, go talk with your dog, chat with chickens, or, having a flock of friendly sheep, sit amongst them. Petting animals releases calming hormones in both you and the pet....scientific as well as just 'feel good'.

Nature's cycle says dark is followed by light. Depression will lift for most of us with time.My thoughts are with any of you still under its cloud.

Latest posts