strange behavior by male goat

Kathy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok, so today my husband and I flipped him over and we found no testicles so I guess he must just be doing this out of instinct...thoughts?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
How well do you know the breeder?
If one testicle is up inside and didn't drop then he still has one. Sometimes inexperienced folks band and never even know they have a one nut wonder.

How long ago was he done? This is unusual for a 3 year old wether. Not unusual for a newly wethered mature male.

Kathy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
How well do you know the breeder?
If one testicle is up inside and didn't drop then he still has one. Sometimes inexperienced folks band and never even know they have a one nut wonder.

How long ago was he done? This is unusual for a 3 year old wether. Not unusual for a newly wethered mature male.
umm... the breeder said he was fixed. He is at least 2 1/2 if not 3 years old and seems to be very "horny" actually getting irritating. My other weathered goats show non of this behavior. How do I tell if he still has a testicle?

Kathy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
umm... the breeder said he was fixed. He is at least 2 1/2 if not 3 years old and seems to be very "horny" actually getting irritating. My other weathered goats show non of this behavior. How do I tell if he still has a testicle?
is it a ball sac that just hangs and is very evident?