Stripes Kidding Thread

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That sounds like she is about to go. That sounds like a rope. How thick?

it wasn't very thick, it was like really watered down egg white.

No more goo now. It just came so suddenly. I was refilling water and that takes like 10 minutes. I checked her for goo and there was nothing. Once the water was done filling I looked over at her and that's when I saw it. I ran as fast at I could to go grab my phone, but by the time I got back in there she had rubbed most of it off.

Her ligaments are still there, squishy, but still there. The only thing different aside from the goo was she was rubbing on everything and headbutting all the chickens who came near her.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Maybe you'll have a Sunday Morning surprise waiting for you :fl:thumbsup

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think we will have kids soon!!!:weee:weee:weee:celebrate:celebrate:clap:clap:clap

At about 1 pm this afternoon I noticed stripe was acting strange. She was staring at nothing for about 5 seconds, standing out in the rain, smelling the ground and curling her lip and she was overall not her normal self. At about 5 pm I went to go check her again and she was digging like crazy!! she was also aggressive towards everything and did not want me to leave at all! it is now about 10:50 pm and I went and checked stripes about a half an hour ago her udder finally went "boom"! Now it was not a "BOOM" but I didn't expect it as I just checked on her maybe 2 hours before and her udder was the exact same size it has been for about a week. That mixed with that I'm pretty sure her ligaments are GONE I think we are close!:weee:celebrate!

Of course, my stall cam I order a little while back broke yesterday:barnie so now I am going to have to do hourly checks...and it is supposed to rain all night:th

I will try and post some pictures I took on my phone tonight. I'm not 100% sure I will stay awake long enough for me to do that so it might have to be when I do another check in about an hour.

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is the only picture I'm gonna crop otherwise I might fall asleep.
Here are her ligaments (kinda) sorry for the blurry picture, she was out in the rain and I was dragging her into the barn when I took it.
_20170329_225112.JPG

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is the only picture I'm gonna crop otherwise I might fall asleep.
Here are her ligaments (kinda) sorry for the blurry picture, she was out in the rain and I was dragging her into the barn when I took it.View attachment 30220
I thought this was her udder and I got very confused o_O:hide Good luck on her kidding!

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I forgot to wake up and get better pictures last night luckily she didn't have them.
I am expecting we will have babies by tonight!:weee Her udder went BOOM! It's not tight yet though and could fill just a bit more. I think I may have also just ever so slightly felt her ligaments. We are having a pretty bad thunderstorm right now and that mixed with winds that are 25-30mph I can barely hear a thing! I just got a warning for tomorrow with winds to be as much as 60mph!:barnie I also have a flood warning but I could have figured it would flood since I live next to a river.

I thought this was her udder and I got very confused o_O:hide Good luck on her kidding!
I don't know why I chose that picture to crop and post when I should have posted her a pic of her udder. I think it was the first picture on my phone and I didn't want to fall asleep before I posted a picture, so I just cropped it and posted it. I really need some coffee before I fall asleep again :caf