1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hay for young goats - Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Contest Time!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

4. BYC Other Poultry Calendar for sale!!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Sudden death or scam.

Discussion in 'Diseases & Injuries - Pigs' started by Fortheloveofhen, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Dec 20, 2017
    SilverFox79

SilverFox79 Chillin' with the herd

As an emergency vet tech for domestic animals, I will readily admit, pigs are not my forte. However, the shaking described could possibly be a seizure induced by head trauma or electrocution. I have seen it happen with puppies who were shaken or chewed on electrical wires.

2. Dec 20, 2017
    SilverFox79

SilverFox79 Chillin' with the herd

oh, rat poison too. There is a type that causes seizures and death but I don't remember the active ingredient.

3. Dec 20, 2017
    Tale of Tails Rabbitry

Tale of Tails Rabbitry Exploring the pasture

I have learned over the decades of my life that with animals, you have never seen it happen...until you have seen it happen. When you are emotionally involved, it is so difficult to step back and just accept the possibility that neither party might have done anything wrong. It could be as the buyers claim but I think that they should be willing to produce the body if so. I am just sorry for the stress it is causing you.

4. Dec 20, 2017
    Anthony Sr.

Anthony Sr. Chillin' with the herd

I'll say no refund, the pig was outta your sight, so there is no telling what was done to it...

5. Dec 31, 2017
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master

so, it's been nearly 2 weeks since the last update.
    What came of this?Did they return the deceased animal?
    Necropsy done?

misfitmorgan likes this.