Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I looked out the bedroom window and thought to myself, "That picture could be captioned, The safest lamb in the county". :)

90 lb Maisy on this side and 170 lb Mel on the back side.

Attachments

• Lamb with LGDs 22 May 2023.JPG
    Lamb with LGDs 22 May 2023.JPG
    283.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Lambs and LGDs 22 May 2023.JPG
    Lambs and LGDs 22 May 2023.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 43

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is your "normal" last frost date?
We wait until Memorial Day to plant anything that isn't able to take frost. It got down to 33°F this morning. According to Mr. NOAA that shouldn't happen again in the next 6 days so I should be able to put in the pepper and tomato plants. Of course the only thing I have now is the Sungold cherry that we bought at the Farmer's Market Saturday. Need to find an Early Girl and some orange bell pepper plants.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We arranged to have a plumber out today to take care of some issues we have had with our kitchen water filtration erer since it was installed over 6 years ago. The osmosis water filtration systems are pretty complex to start with and the original error in the old system resulted in some corrosion that kept us from being able to get some of the parts off to replace. Not to mention, neither Teresa nor I wanted to spend 3-4 hours contorted under the kitchen sink. :) The plumber was pretty reasonable ($210) considering he was here for over 3 hours and he had to drive out from Lewisburg (20 miles away). We had the new system here when he arrived as we found it to be about the same price to order a new system rather than replacing a bunch of parts and still having a tank over six years old.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I spent a little over half the day pulling Perilla Mint in the two paddocks that has sheep in them. They are shallow rooted so it's fairly quick at the size most of it is. I'll spot spray in the only other paddock that has it and that should be pretty much it for this season. I'll probably have to go back and pull/spray a few more times but I got it all this season before any of it went to seed and there is a whole lot less of it this season over the last.

Latest posts