Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oshi was from triplets also and I would love to have some birth and growth weights from the siblings and the dame since his weight is so high. He lost almost 30 pounds during the breeding season but I have most of that back with him on feed.

He is such a Teddy Bear, That was very sarcastic but he is getting more trusting and actually fairly predictable. :)

I don't remember if I posted this or not but we get hay from the round bales every morning to give to Oshi and Pete but Teresa won't go in the paddock with the hay so she throws it over the fence. I doubt he will ever be trusting but as long as you are aware of what his strength is it will always work. He is twice my size and he always is aware if I have my white step-in post in my hand or not but that makes it work since he backs off and waits for the food. He actually will come forward for a cracker and waits fairly patiently for his food so that is a big step.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our record keeping this lambing season has a big hole in it for some reason. We thought we had a couple weeks or more before seeing any new lambs but our #81 ewe had a pair of twins mid morning today.

We got a package of lasagna from Costco out of the freezer and cooked that for my supper tonight. It is about as close to home made as you can get and with no effort. :) Teresa can't eat that kind of thing now so I have one piece and freeze individual servings so I'm set for Lasagna for a good bit as I wound up freezing 7 servings.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH and the "boys" like Costco lasagna. It's good but kind of spice for me - probably the sausage.

Another set of twins! Congratulations! Not only are you breeding a line of parasite resistant Katahdins, but prolific ones. Both those traits are important when trying to make a profit. Or in ranch terms "break even"! :gig

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tend to down load the phone pix into my computer but forget to delete the pix from the phone. Then on the next upload (download?) into the computer I end up with about a million photos - most of them marked with little numbers after them showing they are duplicates! LOL I also forget to take the phone out and miss great pix which of course are not there when I run to the house and return!

Leave a note on your mule reminding you to take the phone. Besides if anything happens in the field you can call Teresa for help. Like when you were cutting those poison weeds.