Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We brought the ram lambs in to check out, and worm a few of them so we can make a market run on Monday. We have five that look really nice and we will keep them around to sell. Two will be commercial and three will be registered but the remaining 13 will be going to the sale.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oshi is waiting on a cracker.

Attachments

• Oshi5 29 May 2024.jpg
    Oshi5 29 May 2024.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 45

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm liking the zero turn mower but the one thing I didn't like about it was that Cub Cadet figured out a way to make another $70 off of their mower sales by not putting in the hour/service meter. They did have all of the input going to the location where the meter would be installed but no meter. I ordered it a few days ago and it got here today. It only took five minutes to install but it was totally unwarranted to sell a product without something that I consider essential to long term use of the mower.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
A friend of ours recently got a Polaris like we have and she now has a John Deere Gator utility vehicle that she wants to sell. Teresa had spent a bit of time replacing decals and a few other things for her and Teresa asked her what she wanted for it. She named a decent price so Teresa now has a gator to use for her projects. She has been using a golf cart for several years now so this will make it more practical for her use. The golf cart is in excellent shape so we will sell that.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have been watching a show from 2023 that was shown on Dick Van Dyke's 98th birthday and it got us to wondering if he could even have been a success in this current time.

We are going to bring in the ram lambs to sort them out and make a run to the sale tomorrow morning. Those that are going haven't had a long life but it has been pleasant for them in what they had so that is always a plus.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We separated and loaded the 10 ram lambs to take to the sale this morning only to find we were on the wrong Monday so they are still here. This was a failure on our part to talk about what we knew so we both take the hit here. A friend of ours was taking lambs to the market two weeks ago and the sale barn normally has sales every two weeks so Teresa just figured today would be sale day. I assumed she had checked the web site so I didn't check myself.

We needed to hit the Kroger in Columbia anyway and the ram lambs got a reprieve of a week. I have an appointment with a cardiologist on the next sale day so we changed that.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We separated and loaded the 10 ram lambs to take to the sale this morning only to find we were on the wrong Monday so they are still here. This was a failure on our part to talk about what we knew so we both take the hit here. A friend of ours was taking lambs to the market two weeks ago and the sale barn normally has sales every two weeks so Teresa just figured today would be sale day. I assumed she had checked the web site so I didn't check myself.

We needed to hit the Kroger in Columbia anyway and the ram lambs got a reprieve of a week. I have an appointment with a cardiologist on the next sale day so we changed that.

Rather than type that all out again, I just quoted it since we are on our way to the sale this morning. :) It only took us about 15 minutes to sort the 10 lambs going to the sale and get them on the trailer.