Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We stayed home today but from just a few miles from us and up through Kentucky was a mess. That big pile up the news was showing tonight was just outside of Nashville.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a luxury to NOT have to jump out of bed, get dressed and rush out the door for work-no matter what the weather. We love having the option of NOT getting out on the roads in bad weather.

I smiled reading that you find bones, I found the remains of a gopher this morning, back bone, teeth and a bit of fur. LOL LOL At least she got one for all the HOLES she digs!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a luxury to NOT have to jump out of bed, get dressed and rush out the door for work-no matter what the weather. We love having the option of NOT getting out on the roads in bad weather.
I bet DD2 and DD1 would agree with you, especially today. Lots of scraping of car windows this morning. No real snow overnight (they predicted 3" to 4") Me? I stayed in bed ;)

I checked the 511 website DW had up on my computer after I got up and fed the cats. Sure glad she checked it. It is 35 miles to work whether she goes north or south. She usually goes north but the only road she can take is closed due to flooding from all the snow melting Fri and Sat. Had she not checked she would have gotten halfway to work and had to turn around and take the southerly route. Would have been late for sure.

It is blowing snow horizontally, I'm going to wait for the snow and wind to let up (PRESUMABLY around 1 PM) before I go out and blow. Should "only" be about 15 MPH NNW winds then, better than the "gusting to 30" we have now.

Supposed to be -9°F overnight and about 0°F for a high tomorrow. But SUN! That is good, the panels make a lot more power when there is sun instead of clouds. ;)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Been sitting here at the computer watching the temp drop about 4 degrees per hour. Right now it's at 34° & should drop another degree in ~10 minutes. Was 60 @ ~3:00pm now 8:45pm. Should bottom out ~19°f ~3-4am or so.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our weather isn't as bad as many out there but it isn't fun outside. The high for today just passed and it's 17 degrees and dropping down to the single digits tonight. We have only gotten about 3" of snow but unfortunately we got sleet and freezing rain before the snow started so nobody is leaving home today in a car.

We are feeding a neighbors critters for a few days so I had to hike over with hot water to melt ice. Even the fields are slippery and I almost slid into a fence trying to bring the tractor up a really steep incline so had to back down the lane to get to the other end of the field.