Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I just used whatever I had from my garden. The bigger ones (the oops-I-forgot-to-pick-this-zucchini-size lol) I just cut it in half, took out the seeds and then sliced them thin. 2" diameter seems pretty big.

I would if I have a dehydrator...I really need to invest in one.

Check second hand stores, thats where we find them. If all else fails you can use an oven or do it outside between screens as long as it is sunny and moderately windy.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I enjoy fishing and have about a decade ago tried my hand at fly fishing but did so when I lived in one of the windiest (and arid) locations in Texas. Then, the last 2 years I lived there, drought set in and it got so dry even the catfish got ticks.

My youngest son is very good at it and makes his own split bamboo rods. I may get the boy (well, he's actually 41) to show me how now that he lives nearby here. He's certainly schooled me a time or 2 fishing for bass in my own ponds with a regular bait cast rig.

I hunted a lot when I was very young. Deer, rabbit, coon, hogs, cats squirrel. I have nothing at all against hunting or those that do it but I gave it up in late 1971 and now only kill out of necessity...meaning predators and aquatic rats

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is an old country store a few miles east of us and across a range of hills but it is 12 miles on the road that we have been wanting to go try. We did so today and spent the longest time talking to the owners that have only owned it for about five years. We just had burgers today but will probably go back Friday when they have catfish, shrimp, gator tail and a couple of other things on special.

They have completely renovated the inside but other than all of the new lumber, it still has the look of when it was built back in the 1940's. The inside of the store seems like a museum. They have some cool things on their Facebook page.

I'm going to keep all of our lambing posts on the lambing thread as I do like that way of posting that sort of thing better.

old-delina-country-store.jpg