Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think you need to raise your own meat chickens Mike.
Egg layers are all Teresa wants. I doubt that we could even get a sheep processed if she was with them as much as I am. Her chickens are her babies.
@Bruce, Mike will start raise meat chickens when you start raising sheep for meat. :hide

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Murphy is alive and well (as in Murphy's Law of course). I got the cattle moved onto some fresh grass enclosed by electric netting which they have only been exposed to briefly or at least not enough for them to have challenged it. I attached the hot wire to the main fence and checked the voltage, there wasn't any. About that time, the wind went from no wind to probably 40 kt gusts and the rain just started coming down in sheets. I got back to the charger to see what was going on and it had no power so I went inside the shop and found that the power was off.

The rural power company here is pretty quick on a job so the power was only off for about an hour and a half. Since the cows had plenty of grass and fresh round bale they didn't bother checking out the netting so all is good. They seem to have adapted really well with the dogs and sheep on the other side of the fence so would have been alright if they fence came down and they couldn't have gone anywhere else.

Last edited:

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Just looked at the radar and it sure looks like you folks in TN are getting some rain right now. Glad the fence worked despite being non-electrified. Guess as long as the animlas have good food and water, no need to move elsewhere... unless of course sex is involved... Then fencing can be a real challenge.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
latestarter said "Guess as long as the animlas have good food and water, no need to move elsewhere... unless of course sex is involved... "

That applies to humans too :gig
So..........all those people from north of the Red River and from South of the Rio Grande and from West of the Pecos are really moving to Texas just for sexual opportunity?