Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The garden is doing well considering we were getting frost just three weeks ago but we finally got the row covers put up for this season.

The tomatoes have been in the ground for three weeks but they would not have survived if we didn't use row covers for the last cold snaps. The rest of the beds all have cool weather items and we finally lost our lettuce as it bolted with this sudden heat change.

Attachments

• Garden cucumbers 20 May 2021.JPG
    Garden cucumbers 20 May 2021.JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Garden tomatoes 20 May 2021.JPG
    Garden tomatoes 20 May 2021.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 53

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The garden is doing well considering we were getting frost just three weeks ago but we finally got the row covers put up for this season.

The tomatoes have been in the ground for three weeks but they would not have survived if we didn't use row covers for the last cold snaps. The rest of the beds all have cool weather items and we finally lost our lettuce as it bolted with this sudden heat change.
It looks very good!! We should be starting to plant our garden next weekend but we might sneak onion sets, potato sets, leaf lettuce and daikon radish in this weekend as temps are suppose to stay up and the last two days have been 80+ which is crazy.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got the garden beds weeded today and planted one of them with bush green bean seed.
I’ve got 3 different varieties of purple podded pole green beans coming up. I raised pole green beans last year and it took so LONG to find and pick them. I’m on a bean thread on TEG and asked for purple podded green beans and hot 3 different varieties. Going to eat them fresh, freeze some and can some of each variety to see what we like best.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
In the week that Pete (the wether) has been in with the ewe lambs, they are completely transformed to calm, confident sheep. I needed to get them off of the paddock they have been on so I can spray it so I went to the adjacent paddock where I already had a couple of feed troughs and opened the gates. I called Pete and he trotted down and through the gate with the lambs about 10 feet behind him. I had Lance in the Ranger just in case but this was another time he didn't get to work.