Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
How steep is that slope?
Here that would be a nightmare... NC Piedmont rains :mad: any slope... all floods.

Everything looks great, love how your barn is coming along! :)
:thumbsup

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
that a little bigger then our shop- our rabbits are the main ones that share space :)

I'm sure you'll figure out just what you want to do with the space!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The left hand side will be used for lambing and the other end will be for the tractor storage. I have the material already on hand to build a couple of hoop houses for hay storage. The taxes on our place is forecast to double when they do next years appraisal so I'm going to have more portable structures than fixed.

The hill is steep enough that I can only cut it straight up and down. The slope on the back end of the building is even steeper and I cut that in reverse since I can't turn around at the top. There won't be much erosion on most of it since we followed the slope of just about solid rock from the "yard" down past the building. We reversed the angle toward the hill to let that be a gutter of sorts. Water moves the way it was designed but I brought in an expert when we were doing the initial layout.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is there a building size that is tax exempt? We lived in a county that didn't tax a building under 8x8.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Loving the progress reports and the pics :) You are getting there and all is looking great!!!

Just one thing...I'm needing pics of your sheep ;) I have sheep and yes I am needy....LOL :lol:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find about tax exemptions for buildings yet but we have an appointment with the Extension Agent on Thursday and he has the information we need for that.

I'll dig out some pictures of the sheep we are using. We don't have any of our own yet but are using a friends critters to train our dogs. They give a whole new meaning to dog broke so I'm almost not looking forward to our first batch of "normal" sheep. ;)

Latest posts