Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do most of the cooking but Teresa wanted to try a meal with Chicken Marsala, veggies and onion rings. Everything turned out great and when we were doing the mountain of dishes, I was reminded why I do most of the cooking. :)

Chicken Marsala.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I put the 5 ewe lambs in a holding pen and let the main herd come into the handling paddock for some more checks on hooves and we will pull some fecal samples on a few of them. One of these days they may not cooperate but right now I just open gates and get the heck out of the way.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We only worked a dozen of the ewes when it started to get super hot so we quit and went into town to have some lunch.

We are thinking about selling the spotted ewe once we are sure she is bred. She no longer fits in with the way we are working based only on her size. We can trim her feet while she is standing up but she is too heavy for me to get her up in the chair. That plus her hooves have needed way too much work and too often.

We stopped by and took another look at the boat we are thinking about getting but I want to ask some questions and take it out for a trial.

Boat3.jpg