Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good question! Why??? New car stink is nasty.

This truck doesn't smell nearly as strong as some that I've been in.

I'm going to be using cruise control about everywhere I go since going from my 190 HP Tacoma to the 395 HP of the ram could get expensive. I took the truck back to the dealer to get the bed liner sprayed. Also since both Teresa's and my butt is built too close to the ground we are having them put on some running boards to make getting in it a little more effortless.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just happened to look down at the date on the computer and remembered that about 9:00 PM on this day 51 years ago, I arrived for Boot training at Great Lakes Illinois.

I had no way of knowing at the time but after leaving Boot Camp, I would be working with pretty much the same people in the same field for the next 48+ years. :)

I guess I never could figure out what I wanted to do when I grow up.

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I just happened to look down at the date on the computer and remembered that about 9:00 PM on this day 51 years ago, I arrived for Boot training at Great Lakes Illinois.

I had no way of knowing at the time but after leaving Boot Camp, I would be working with pretty much the same people in the same field for the next 48+ years. :)

I guess I never could figure out what I wanted to do when I grow up.
Thank you for your service! We definitely can't see to far into the future can we! :)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Running boards are a definite YES! Our son has a King Ranch diesel dually, the running boards are electric and come out when you open the door. That truck is nicer than my house!
FANCY PANTSY on the running boards. Saw them on a truck at a fair a couple years ago..... My son doesn't need them at 6'6" tall and can't seem to get to installing the set I got for the one truck I was supposed to be driving that I haven't had except for a couple times. :th

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much longer we will be eating the spring veggies before the heat has an impact but everything has been tasty so far. The tomatoes are starting to put on fruit and the potatoes are about ready to dig. All of the squash, melons, peppers, beans and okra are growing fast now that the weather has warmed up at night.

The red lettuce is one big hear and the green (Buttercrunch) lettuce that are all from thinning the bed this afternoon.

broc and lettuce 5 June 2020.JPG