Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We don't have any black ones now but Cooper's line throws a lot of color patterns and a lot of various shades of brown like the pics I have posted this week. There doesn't seem to be a difference here in prices for the sheep but that may be because there are a bunch of sheep growers in middle Tennessee and the majority don't seem to have a preference in color or not.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan - this ewe is fairly typical of what Cooper throws when the genes match. She was more reddish, copper colored when she was born, Her name comes from that color as in "Penny" :) She is right at 10 months old and wasn't bred this time. She is about as tame as they get and holds her confirmation very well on grass. She was wormed right after weaning but hasn't needed it since then.

Attachments

• 157 Penny 10 months old 24 Sep 2022.JPG
    157 Penny 10 months old 24 Sep 2022.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 37

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW!! That ram is a BIG boy! Look at that straight top line! Love the leopard Appaloosa spots!

I'm curious to see how much he weighs once he gets more used to being handled but I'm not sure he will fit on our scale. He has muscles on top of muscles but he was with a large flock of ewes all by himself.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had to go back and admire him again. He’s tall, long and big all over. Is he spotted on both sides like that? Have y’all named him yet?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how much he weighs once he gets more used to being handled but I'm not sure he will fit on our scale. He has muscles on top of muscles but he was with a large flock of ewes all by himself.
I was just thinking that too. Anyone even have a guestimate on how much he weighs??

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The last time we had Cooper on a scale, he was 226 but he is over that now. This boy is well beyond that.

@Baymule Teresa didn't like that name so we will think about it some more. I have come up with several but they were already used by some prominent names.