Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had some wire in the connector for our livestock weight scale that needed to be soldered. I have had two soldering irons for years that are nowhere to be found. We went to town and bought another so one or both of the others should show up fairly soon.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had some wire in the connector for our livestock weight scale that needed to be soldered. I have had two soldering irons for years that are nowhere to be found. We went to town and bought another so one or both of the others should show up fairly soon.
I know that wire!! Had to do the same with mine (well DH did, but I helped) just a week after I got mine.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't think about how old is the flux that I have. I haven't done any soldering here and the last time I remember doing any was when I was doing installations for Navy ATC upgrades. Since I haven't done any of them since 2005 I have no idea what the life cycle is for flux but it worked fine. :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
A friends radiator had a leak at the top. I soldered it for her and used pine resin for flux. It was lumpy but it held for as long as se owned that truck.

I now have 2 pair of tin snips precisely because I could not find the one pair I had.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We went and checked out a new meat market that just opened yesterday and bought a few things to check out the quality. Their prices overall are pretty close to Kroger with some things even less. Another plus is that they are also a meat processing outfit with prices better than where we were taking livestock and they are only three miles away.

They even had Tomahawk Steaks in the cooler.

Last edited: