TEXAS

TXn_in_AK

Just born
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Texans... I hope ya all don't think me to sappy but I LOVE Texans... I love how we brag about our big state... does my heart good cause where I live now... well ... they think we are puny! I am from Houston area... Cypress... then went on up the road to A&M then took a deture to Cali, back to Texas... ended up in North West Central on our family ranch raising boers I had 600 head of nannies in 03 when I left... (still own house and ranch there) now new hubby and I live in Alaska... as of 6 months ago NW AK... DH is Alaskan kinda stuck on it and wouldn't leave so he said will you settle for NW AK as opposed to NW TX.. I said sure so we now live in a Native Alaskan Fly-in Only Village on Norton Sound. We lived in Anchorage for 6 years. We just got some chickens and should have some goats here in a few weeks no boers getting Dwarf Nigerians. Kids all love it and having goats again will make it feel more like home even when there is only 3 hours of day light!

So Howdy ya all... miss home... Gig-um Ags...
Blessings,

Txn in AK

Kute Kitten

Monkey
Reaction score
I'm not from Texas, but I have to say 1 thing about it, there are a lot of members in Texas, and it sounds like an awsome state to visit !

:welcome to the herd!

Gatorpupsmom

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We live in Albany, Texas.

Since NO ONE ever knows where it is, my standard description is "30 minutes from Abilene." It's a wonderful small town, population of about 2000. Takes us about an hour and a half to get to Fort Worth when we do decide to get a taste of big city life.

Kim

Mesquite

Just born
Reaction score
Just outside Roosevelt TX (pop18) New to this site and Goats. Finally (after 10 years) got the fence done, all but the water gap and will soon be looking for animals. Plan to get 4 or 5 nannies. I already own 2 Nubian billies whose mother died and I bottle fed till they were old enough to be by themselves then gave them to a friend that has a small herd of boer / spanish cross. So I will just bring one of them back for a visit once a year. I had planned on getting Nubian nannies but after reading the post here on breeds I think I wont be so picky and maybe get different kinds and have a variety.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
:welcome youll enjoy the goats.but they will get on your nerves.

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Just south of Waco and looking for something to fill the back 3 acres of natural pastureland with. Beef or pork? What's best for a newbie? Only experienced with chickens!

StormyMoon

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Alvarado Tx here, I was hoping to see more from Alvarado considering there are a lot of farms around here.

When I need something everyone is so far away I was looking for some feeders I could mount on the wall for my goats but ended up having to build them. No one in this area geez and all these farms surely people don't all travel 1 - 2 hours away just to buy supplies.........?

:)