The Birth of a Lamb w/photos

n8ivetxn

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Very nice thread! I just bought a small flock (9) of Barbados Blackbelly sheep and 3 of them are bred....expecting the end of June or first week of July, all of this is very helpful, thanks to all of the contributors:thumbsup:thumbsup

Reaction score
This is so helpful! I have 6 pregnant Zwartbles, the first is due to lamb in a week!:weee
The poor things are so fed up of me peering under their tails checking for puffy parts! I can't wait to get started!!!:love

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
We thought our ewe mammy was going to lamb last night. She was acting off a looking for straw in the feeder. She was walking very slowly and taking two steps every five minutes. She was doing lots of tail raising and her area was sorta flexing so to speak. She was as quiet as a mouse. She has no bag yet and is a first time mom.

Jyn

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
So how long should we wait until the afterbirth passed? We just had our first lamb and we arent sure if she has a twin in there too. There was a bulging amniotic sac that was small after she was born.
This was the sac after it was born and it ruptured.
SOynCNt.jpg

KatahdinMomma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
This is the exact kind of info I was looking for for my first lambing. Great pics! Congrats on the healthy darling!

WindyIndy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this thread! I've had my sheep for a year, but this is the first time I will be having my own lambs (any day now!), this thread was SO helpful! I'm a 'visual learner' so it was very nice to see some pics of the 'process'. :)

Latest posts