The journey into the abyss of no return

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I think lice are hatched in thin air !!!!! They seem to come out of nowhere... Actually, they may have come with them, and the eggs are tiny, attached to the hair... then falls off and they will then get on the pigs. Then they spread them when they snuggled together for warmth in the hog house...
You can use an oral ivermectin .... you are feeding them the fermented corn... add it to the feed and they will likely scarf it right up. That will help with any internal parasites, worms they may have come with... and it will help with the lice too. I think you can use the oral sheep type ivermectin.... Even a topical/pour on ivermectin can be used on hogs...
Hog lice are "big" in comparison to what most people think of as lice... and they are more round instead of looking like grains of rice... usually are a darker brownish... you can google them...

Since you got them from someone who had a whole bunch running together... using an oral or topical ivermectin might be your best bet. They likely have worms also... Ivermectin is one of the safest wormers you can use on anything... and easy.... won't hurt you if you get it on yourself... and it can be tolerated at "high doses" if someone gets more than their fair share. In fact, that would be my go to in your case... just to get them "cleaned up" inside and out.
Those are some big lice, wow. I get pretty close up and personal with them and never seen that on them. Though looked last night and seems around here they only sell the 4 lb bags in town, barely enough to dust anything but a rabbit hutch.
So I looked online and it seems after shipping it's same price as if they stocked it in store just $10 more per a bag for 50 lb. Maybe I should pisse the FedEx driver off and order about 10 bags :gig
Seems to be perfect time to de-lice them and de-worm them before moving them to bigger pastures.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That one wanted to come out feet first. Second transmission is now out, fun part is shoving one back in.
IMG_0153.jpeg

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
With all the tools you have, I don’t see a transmission lift.

I guess you’re gonna tell me that you are the transmission lift!
Technically it's a floor jack, where the saddle is that goes under a vehicle to lift it, I took it off and welded a custom plate/bracket system just for these transmissions in my video you can see it. When done I can unbolt it and put the jack back to use as regular floor jack. I didn't see the stupidity of paying hundreds to thousands of dollars for a truck transmission jack.

Though while taking second transmission off I went to drop the fluid since the PTO has to come off first and welp someone tampered with it and I know who. Was recently done by the amount of wetness and lack of dirt that accumulates from leaking areas on parts going down this road. The plug was so loose I was able to unthread it by hand. They don't come loose after 2 years been on the road by themselves, in fact a breaker bar or impact is required to bust them loose. Yep, now you got my undivided attention.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
All nice and warm, not a cloud in the sky no warnings of anything then it’s BATTEN THE HATCHES ITS COMING!!! Welcome to out here, better not trust any weather stations. Damn I like this program, winds this high from nowhere would have me scrambling for the barn doors after they been ripped opened and whatever else loose tossed.
Nope I watch this program like people watch their phones for text messages.
IMG_0205.png

Latest posts