The journey into the abyss of no return

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
That one wanted to come out feet first. Second transmission is now out, fun part is shoving one back in.
IMG_0153.jpeg

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
With all the tools you have, I don’t see a transmission lift.

I guess you’re gonna tell me that you are the transmission lift!
Technically it's a floor jack, where the saddle is that goes under a vehicle to lift it, I took it off and welded a custom plate/bracket system just for these transmissions in my video you can see it. When done I can unbolt it and put the jack back to use as regular floor jack. I didn't see the stupidity of paying hundreds to thousands of dollars for a truck transmission jack.

Though while taking second transmission off I went to drop the fluid since the PTO has to come off first and welp someone tampered with it and I know who. Was recently done by the amount of wetness and lack of dirt that accumulates from leaking areas on parts going down this road. The plug was so loose I was able to unthread it by hand. They don't come loose after 2 years been on the road by themselves, in fact a breaker bar or impact is required to bust them loose. Yep, now you got my undivided attention.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
All nice and warm, not a cloud in the sky no warnings of anything then it’s BATTEN THE HATCHES ITS COMING!!! Welcome to out here, better not trust any weather stations. Damn I like this program, winds this high from nowhere would have me scrambling for the barn doors after they been ripped opened and whatever else loose tossed.
Nope I watch this program like people watch their phones for text messages.
IMG_0205.png

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well last Friday I ended up squeezing the trigger on getting that 11 speed transmission instead of putting my spare 9 speed in. Ordered the stick shift with it that came out of the same rig the transmission came out of. So the dump truck is sitting there getting odds and ends done on it that needed done.
IMG_0180.jpeg
IMG_0190.jpeg
IMG_0191.jpeg
IMG_0192.jpeg

Unlike the 9 speed of one lever to flip to access the other gears you have two on the new one to double split into low/low and have 3 reverse speeds. Will need to take the driveshaft to the place that is trying to hire me to shorten the driveshaft 3.6 inches
d1214acf7c.JPG

So transmission coming in this week coming up which means going to pick it up, rip rap spreading job which means moving the 60k lb track loader to town this week coming up and if all goes right by this time next week I will have a transmission in and a kick arse video of spreading rip rap.
Oh and to top it off when done with rip rap job at the end of this week coming up we can play musical chairs with the track loader for them to drop it off and pick up my excavator if I don't get an extension to pick the last bit of demolition up from my property in town.
Still need to finish putting the rock down for this road which if they give me an extension I can spend a week at it. Hell I got 5 loads down, crushed and spread in less than a day, I'm sure I can get 30 more in a week.
Now I was supposed to move some animals to other properties, wonder where that went.:th

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Having one way in and one way out means security for back here,
Except to evacuate in case of fire.
No, they will still think I am nucking futs as always and stay away, which I find interesting since they don't consider the lunatic a lunatic.
If they are listening to that crazy lady she is probably telling them all kinds of stuff about you.
My copy is on the right that I typed up, and his is on the left. Notice mineral rights missing
You are right to scrutinize everything that goes into your legal docs. Withholding mineral rights usually has a clause that the mineral rights owner can come in and access the minerals at their convenience too.

I never sign ANYTHING without reading it all the way through. This includes those 5000 page loan docs. When making the appointment with the notary I always warn them to allow plenty of time. Each notary says I am the only person to bother reading everything! No wonder people let themselves get screwed! We refused to sign a set of papers because the interest rate and payment was incorrect in them. The notary was not happy and wanted us to sign and "they will fix it in the office". I said "Fix it first and then come back and we will sign".

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Except to evacuate in case of fire.

If they are listening to that crazy lady she is probably telling them all kinds of stuff about you.

You are right to scrutinize everything that goes into your legal docs. Withholding mineral rights usually has a clause that the mineral rights owner can come in and access the minerals at their convenience too.

I never sign ANYTHING without reading it all the way through. This includes those 5000 page loan docs. When making the appointment with the notary I always warn them to allow plenty of time. Each notary says I am the only person to bother reading everything! No wonder people let themselves get screwed! We refused to sign a set of papers because the interest rate and payment was incorrect in them. The notary was not happy and wanted us to sign and "they will fix it in the office". I said "Fix it first and then come back and we will sign".
With my equipment and just my 5 ton 6x6 military truck there is plenty of escape routes. Fence, trees, ravines we are going any direction needed to get out.

I already hear the stories and how much they hate me, I’m going to solidify their views when we close on the rock quarry everyone is getting a “No Trespassing” warning and that’s just a start. I see tracks going on the property we are closing on and I know who it is and why, so I’m going to be what they claim. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it must be a duck, so if I look like an arsehole, talk like one and walk like one, might as well be one.

I love ripping apart legal documents, especially when some pretend I am just some trailer trash back here due to the road we live off of has bad rep. Wife is the same, but difference is I can write the documents. They tried saying the shanty shack stays till paid off, erased that from there. For the last payment to them will come with a “No Trespassing “ warning unless they tick the wife off and pay in full then we serve it then.