The journey into the abyss of no return

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This vehicle the wife inherited and I have hated it since the day we got it and told her to get rid of it, it's not meant for here. So far the road has claimed one back passenger window from the road bouncing so much it busted up the motor and plastic that electric windows use to go up and down, gutless as in no power to even reverse in deep snow, this incident and lastly the auto 4WD BS is junk and burned out so it's now 2WD.
She won't get rid of it, might as well run it into the ground. Not a primary vehicle, but it gets used maybe once a month.
I should of parked next to a smoking break area outside one of these places and would of done me a favor if someone tossed a lit cig at it.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Got the well pump set in the well casing yesterday, and got the array mounted to run it, we shall have flowing water today. Start with the animals and work my way to getting water for the house.
While that is pumping at 2.7 GPM to prevent sucking up any sediment I will start moving the loader out of the pole barn and into position of where I need it 4 miles down the road.
KIMG05577.jpg
KIMG05588.jpg
KIMG05599.jpg

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Pumped about 100 gallons from when the pump started pumping water at around 1100 hrs, while I went and got the Cat out of the bag and drove it 4 miles around to current project. Mind you top speed is 3 mph on flat ground, got it in place and walked home.
Tended animals, went and loaded up 3 loads of rock and got it down and spread out then tended more animals. Fun
Rain tomorrow and that's my day to take a break.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wow, clouds of diesel smoking fumes! I hope that clears out good. Y’all live and sleep upstairs.
Someone sealed the upstairs very tight and is about to get tighter when I get some spray insulation bottles this summer.
This place was built with that in mind that this would happen so there is vents on each side that promote fresh air flow when opened. They run along above each side wing right here in this picture where the green arrow is pointed, also serves as soffit vents for the upstairs living quarters.
Vents.jpeg

At about 1;15 seconds you can see the vents, there is also a radon mitigation system in place too under the slab. A lot of planning went into building this.