The Ultimate Solution for the Wax Moth Problem

soarwitheagles

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I took these pics a while back during the spring when wax moths were giving us a bit of trouble with out bee hives...

We noticed a sudden decrease in wax moths but weren't sure why...

Well, during a night time inspection, we discovered we had acquired a special helper...

Might say a special guardian...with the most beautiful blue nose you ever saw...

He even posed for a few pictures...personally, I think he was a bit of a show off!

Needless to say, many wax moths suddenly disappeared and our bees for that year lived happily ever after!

Enjoy!

Preying Mantis 2.JPG
Preying Mantis 5.JPG
Preying Mantis 7.JPG
Preying Mantis 8.JPG
Someone watching over my hives.JPG

Last edited:

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
God bless those beautiful mantises! I love seeing there nests around here. When I see theirs and lady bugs I know it's going to be a good year!

soarwitheagles

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We are thankful to have them here every summer to fall season. Just hope they don't munch too many bees!!!

soarwitheagles

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Your sparrows must be different than our sparrows. Here, the sparrows keep away from our bees. But last year we had a challenge with a specific bird that nearly only eats bees. The good news is those birds are no longer here.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I didn't believe it at first either even seeing it. I had to look it up, make sure I really was looking at a sparrow then make sure they eat bees.

I want your sparrows! Lol normally mine will stay out in the pasture and when I more it they'll swarm all the insects which can be seen. I love watching that.

You know, that seemed like a large preying mantis.... Large enough to way a Sparrow?o_O