Thistleblooms Rambles

CrazyAboutAnimals

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Miss @CrazyAboutAnimals,

I hope things turned out OK. Sorry that I couldn't remember your name. I just remember you posted on a thread that was something about Idaho, but I never located the thread. Thanks for posting, and thanks to Miss @thistlebloom for remembering your name.

Senile Texas Aggie
Your welcome, thanks for remembering in the first place. Sorry I haven't replied for so long, I have been busy and haven't been on in a while. And, yes, I was ok, it didn't hit me too hard.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now that it's May it's feeling definitely springy!
:weeeThe sun is shining more, we haven't needed the woodstove for several days, and there are blooming flowers popping out. There's still quite a lot of snow on the mountains, but that's good for the lakes and rivers. My vegetable starts have been spending nights outside. No lower than 40 so far.

Here's a few of the earliest blooms. They've been blooming for a few weeks, I just never remembered to get a picture until tonight.

Glacier lily
20200501_172919.jpg

Buttercup
20200501_173204.jpg

Teeny tiny little violets
20200501_173230.jpg

Spring Beauty
20200501_190539.jpg

The tulips are just beginning to open.
20200501_173527.jpg

I saved the best for last. This evening was Syringas first ride outside of the round pen. I saddled her, did a little groundwork, mounted her in the round pen and walked her both directions checking for her light response to a circle to a stop.
Then dh drove the truck while I sat on the tailgate holding her lead rope and we took her for a little trot around the neighborhood to get all the wiggles out. About a half mile from home we stopped and I got in the saddle. We walked home uneventfully. She was calm and walked with a level neck and her ears flicking back listening to me. I guess to morrow I'll start her from home and probably not trot her behind the truck first. Yay Syringa! And me!

Here she is eating some dessert after our good ride.
20200501_171504.jpg

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, she's pretty!!! That's one gorgeous horse and I love your view between those ears, Thistle....just gorgeous! She shines like a new penny....whatever you are doing, it's doing her well.

Love all your flower pics too...especially the tulips. Aliza and I had planted a "secret" patch of princess flowers(pink tulips) and when they came up, the sheep got to them several times so we never got to see them bloom.

Spring has fully sprung here too and all the flowers with it....I just gaze in wonder and thank God for the sight to see another spring, to get to smell the fragrant air of spring.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks Bee! I think she's beautiful too, but of course I'm strongly biased. 😄

I'm shocked at the rudeness of your sheep, eating tulips like a common goat, for shame!:lol: I had to put netting over mine that are planted near the road in front of the vegetable garden. The deer were mowing them down. They (deer) don't usually come too close to the house.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I completely forgot to mention the hummers are back. They arrived at our house April 29. I had the feeders out early, because according to the migration map they were spotted in town 20 miles south a week before.

So far we have Calliope and Rufous. You can tell which ones are regular customers here year after year because they aren't shy. The feeders are hanging in front of windows, the new ones are skittish if they see movement in the house. Dh went out to collect the feeders for a refill and a little Calliope male was drinking from the feeder as he carried it. Then he kept impatiently buzzing the hanger until it was brought back out. We look forward to seeing them every year. They are such amazing little creations.

Latest posts