20210414_134239.jpg

Crewella, bred yesterday :)
20210414_134810.jpg

Hops, the proud papa to be
20210414_134532.jpg

Tre3hugger

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just ordered a Ballista captive bolt gun. Excited to have such a humane way to process my rabbits and maybe even poultry. Any of you guys use one of these? any thoughts?

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just ordered a Ballista captive bolt gun. Excited to have such a humane way to process my rabbits and maybe even poultry. Any of you guys use one of these? any thoughts?

Haven't used that type, let us know how it works for you.

Here we use a homemade hopper popper for the rabbits and pruning shears for the poultry.

Tre3hugger

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

Here we use a homemade hopper popper for the rabbits and pruning shears for the poultry.

Will definitely update here. I will likely try it on some cornish x chickens in a week or so, and some rabbits in a couple months.

Tre3hugger

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Some of the kits are soo much more rotund than others. I can't believe she is getting them all fed. I keep expecting to find #9 didn't make it (she only has 8 nips after all) but I just checked again and all are squirmin. Although some are obviously the biggest and "strongest" I hope they all make it. I plan to wean the biggest ones first, at about 4 weeks, and leave the smaller ones in for an extra week or two to get that last bit of milk with no competition. Hopefully this translates to nice processing sizes at around 10 weeks. If I breed her back at 4 weeks, she should have a 2 week break with no babies.

Latest posts