TWINS!!!!!!

chickchick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh Newtons person, that's very frustrating! By your posts you seem very responsible. Just let your dad know that it would mean so much to you to keep Newton and a baby for companionship. I hope it works out. Watching your thread and praying for healthy kids and momma.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks @chickchick It Means A Lot To Hear That. ... we are all praying for healthy kids so I'm right there with you lol. Honestly I don't think my dad will sell her, my dad's girlfriend and I have hopefully protested against it enough that it won't happen.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So today when I got in to check on newton, she is peeing constantly and I swear has stretched 7 times now in the past 20 minutes, she lays down down and the gets back up and can't seem to get comfortable. But she is still eating and drinking the same and besides the stretching and peeing and getting up and down her behaviour hasn't changed. Any of this relevant?
:fl

:caf

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
When our girls are constantly up/down they are getting closer. Once they start stretching they are getting the babies into position.
Yes- they do pee a lot during this time.

My goats never read the "rule" of going off feed before kidding. They all munch on hay between contractions :rolleyes:

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mine paw some too, but when they are really close they start pawing a whole lot more.

It's good you're keeping track of things, you'll get to know what's 'normal' for her. Some things are better signs than others. With my sheep, frequent peeing happens in the last few days; lots of pawing is generally the day of. Getting up and laying down a lot can still mean a week or two. Some of mine lose their appetite the day of or the day before, and some don't.

I sure hope you get to keep her and at least one kid.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well she has been pawing a lot more, so as I have been saying for the past week.. I guess it's closer than not lol. I'm tempted to let her out to run around a bit but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I try to let her out of her enclosure at least once a day to run around for an hour or two but since she's getting so close I'm not sure if I should...do you think it's a good idea?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I think things are finally coming to a head for you (& Newton of course). My guess is 2-3 days or sooner. I'm guessing since you've got daddy's girlfriend on your side and I assume you are daddy's little girl, that SOME thing should be able to be worked out that you can keep at least one of the little ones if more than one is born. Not quite sure I understand where the aunt comes into the picture unless maybe she owns the home and property where you live and you're leasing it from her. Maybe she doesn't want any more farm animals there if that's the case.

You know, not trying to be cold or unfeeling here, :old but you are legal age and can start prepping to get out from under daddy's wings and start trying to stretch your own... :clap Might have to give up the livestock for a few years :hit until you can get a place of your own and established, but you'll have all this experience to draw on and can start raising your own menagerie. :celebrate