Udder Question

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I guess I just got concerned because it just started about a month ago, it was never uneven before lol :hu

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wait, that's WITHOUT milk?!:th
Oh she has milk in there, she's just never been bred so not really fresh.

Here is a milk buck, scroll down until you see "Thrill". This buck is somewhere in about all of our lamancha herd.
https://www.luckystarfarm.com/referencebucks1.html

I guess I just got concerned because it just started about a month ago, it was never uneven before lol :hu
With the goats I just keep an eye on it. Not uncommon for that to happen. Once they kid it evens out.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I was looking at my Yearling ewe the other day, and it looks like one part of her udder is normal size, the other side is a bit enlarged. She is not pregnant. Though in my research online I have seen some people say that clover can cause the udder to enlarge, something about a hormone or something in it? Has anyone experienced this? I have looked at the udder, it doesn't seem sore, no sign of bites etc, though a sting may be possible but I would imagine the swelling would have gone down by now if that were the case.
I don't know much about sheep but sometimes goats get a precocious udder and it isn't always both sides.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I didn't take time to read it seems that answer is already been provided.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
**Update** The vet was out to give some vaccines, I asked her about the udder. Discovered that there is indeed milk in that one side. We think it might have been our new Ewe lamb trying to nurse off of her.
I have never seen it happen but that doesn't mean that she doesn't sneak it . Now I just have to figure out how to dry her up.