Vet recommended Ponazuril for cocci, $140!

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
@Southern by choice my vet said to use Corid and I am not a fan. He is a cattle vet and I love the man but sometimes have to do some alterations to advice he gives every once in awhile. I have a former student who is practicing alongside him right now as she is in vet school and I am hoping we will be able to get her into goats more.

@Goat Whisperer it is the 5%

Thanks all. It has been a very warm, wet season here and I put down a goat for a friend yesterday who definitely had a fast and hard case of coccidiosis. We have does due any day now so I want to be ready for treatment.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice my vet said to use Corid and I am not a fan. He is a cattle vet and I love the man but sometimes have to do some alterations to advice he gives every once in awhile. I have a former student who is practicing alongside him right now as she is in vet school and I am hoping we will be able to get her into goats more.

@Goat Whisperer it is the 5%

Thanks all. It has been a very warm, wet season here and I put down a goat for a friend yesterday who definitely had a fast and hard case of coccidiosis. We have does due any day now so I want to be ready for treatment.
How old was the goat?

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
3 months-ish. It came on fast and it was too late for treatment of any kind, just suffering. He had what I would say was a birth issue already,which may have contributed to his rapid decline.

cleo1

Herd lurker
Reaction score
I use Toltrazuril for mine
But I order online for $80 for a 200 ML bottle that I can give as a preventative to all of my kids for a kidding season
I think I had 20 kids this year
May I ask where you order this?

Latest posts