Vickir73 & The Chunky Dunk!! - pics of first show

Vickir73

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I've been happy with the copper; however, I think this last round (1) either didn't get enough in them or (2) I don't believe it treats roundworms, so . . .

I treated Daisy with Cydetin and probios and she's back to her old self. Checked everyone's eyelids this weekend and a few need worming, so I'll be doing Cydectin this week on those girls. Now Zoey has scours, but I'm not sure about treating her since she's due in 2 weeks. Did give her some probios tho and she's eating and drinking and acting like her normal pain in the butt self.

Trimmed everyone's hooves. Zoey is due on the 27th - she's not looking very preggo, but her udder is looking good - so I know there's something in there. I haven't been able to feel anything moving yet, but this baby seems to be laying long ways instead of across (not sure if that makes seems) so although she's not very wide, she's very deep. I'm really hoping for a pretty, pretty buck, but we'll see.

Richard and a friend of ours worked on the septic tanks Saturday from 11 am to 9 pm. They worked their butts off. We are hoping it is fixed. If not the only other option is to rent a trencher and dig up the field line and just replace the whole line. We are hoping we won't have to though.

Richard's truck is out of commission. Radiator is leaking and alternator is going out. Great. We are car pooling this week. He's not getting to work until 9 but is able to work a little bit later. I'm hoping it doesn't cause too many issues.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
It seems to be always something, my son doesn't have a vehicle at the moment either his transmission is out. So they are borrowing mine until I go back to California. I can't wait to see pics of your new kids :pop

Vickir73

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
well Zoey's not preggo - confirmed by vet. very disappointing but breeder I bought her from will reimburse me the extra money I paid - so I'm happy about that.

starting to gear up for buying show supplies.

we now have a pig next to the goat pen. The goats are NOT happy about this.

killed all but 6 broilers (they are still growing). we won't be doing that again - at least not ordering 100. too much trouble.

DD came back from came. she loved it.

Vickir73

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
so much has happened since I last wrote. We are just too busy.

School has started. DD has her first BB game tonight - I will miss it - can't get off work :(

Had "the talk" with her the day before school started - she looked at me like I was stupid the entire time and asked "are you done yet?"

Goats were (unintentionally) poisoned by sister's fiancee. He dumped a bunch of lawn clippings in their pen (he had done some yard work for a friend and brought home all the clippings) and the clippings contained a plant in the rhododendron (sp?) family. Carlos died, Pikachu almost died, and Zoey was also affected. It took Pika over a week to recover and it was very touch and go. We were able to obtain a little activated charcoal and get that in Zoey and she recovered. It was very heartbreaking and still is. We were so looking forward to Carlos babies.

We have a new buck, Vegas. He's a sweetheart and is looking forward to being put in with the girls after the show on the 7th. He stinks really bad :)

Getting ready for the show in Bryan on the 7th. We'll be showing Jasmine (who just needs her 3rd leg for her permanent championship); Fudge (who is drying up and has mastitis so I'm not sure how she'll do - although I wasn't sure how she do even before she starting drying up); Zoey; Angie; and Chloe. I'm hoping we'll do well.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
:hugs I am so sorry to hear about your goats.
Should have told your DH there would be a test at the end of your talk
Good luck with the show

Vickir73

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. There just isn't enough time in the day. We did ok at the show. Not as well as I hoped, but good. Several people came by our pens and said we had nice looking goats.

Fudge has mastitis. I've treated with Today and PenG. I will now wait and send a milk sample to LSU.

We thought Vegas bred Fudge last weekend, but yesterday he was all over her, but could seem to reach. She is so tall. I'm not sure what to do. None of the girls are showing any interest in the boys :hu We will not be showing in Houston, but, oh well. I'm in this for the milk and cheese - the show ring is just extra fun.

Will be getting a Great Pry. Put my deposit down a week or so ago. Just waiting for them to get old enough. Very excited.