Where is old man winter - not in Ontario Canada thats for sure

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Winter arrived last night....we'll see if it sticks around to play for awhile or if we'll go back to mild.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It has been wet and warm here. We almost double our normal percipitation.
First good snow of the year blew in yesterday and it feels COLD. Temps in the teens and wind chills below zero.

That is -9 and - 18 for those of you who use a more logical system.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
It hit Ohio last night and is still pouring it on. Problem is that now I am trudging through snow drifts at knee height and sinking into the mud that is under it. :barnie

Royd Wood

Reaction score
jodief100 said:
That is -9 and - 18 for those of you who use a more logical system.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winter turned up here this morning and we are in blizzard like conditions from lake effect snow (Lake Erie) dropping to minus 10 later ( Thats 14 :lol: Multiply by 9, then divide by 5, then add 32 :lol:)

Royd Wood

Reaction score
elevan said:
It hit Ohio last night and is still pouring it on. Problem is that now I am trudging through snow drifts at knee height and sinking into the mud that is under it. :barnie
I hear you - just had lake snowstorm for 2 days and a freeze last night of minus 16 but guess what ??? Tuesday is predicted at plus 10 with 2 inches of rain :barnie

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Still very up and down here at the moment. Got a blizzard blowing through right now, its around minus 12 windchill but it will be gone in a couple of hours and the outlook is very kind with temps going up to as high as plus 10 - One crazy winter this is turning out to be

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Suppose to get a Snow storm tonight and cold and then in a few days 40's again and then another storm.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still no cold here to speak of--very mild and I'm in short sleeves again. Been very wet and rainy, but no hard freeze yet--and only one heavy frost. Before you northern folks think I'm rubbing it in, I am not. We, even down here, need at least 'some' cold weather to make the annual plant cycles work properly, and to aid in weed and pest (insect) control in coming months. I'm enjoying it now of course, and it has helped decrease winter feed costs, but we will almost certainly pay a price for it next spring and summer in the form of pigweed, ticks, internal and external parasites, predators, and everything else that is undesirable in any farm endeavor.

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Another short winter blast - very cold and lots of snow but its short lived as we warm up again in a day or two