Who going to give birth first

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Have you checked her ligaments? So exciting that you will have goat and human babies soon! And congrats on the chicks!! They're the cutest things, aren't they? < 3

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes they are and I am very excited. I have checked her ligaments however i did not before she got pregnant so nothing to compare it to beside her sister and hers are right next to her tail as to where the doe in questions are a inch from her tail I can wrap my fingers around her tail and have been able to for a while. I just confused about her wheter I feeling the ligaments or her hip bone I kinda just keep waiting for other signs on her as well.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well she looks closer, or is that just me. She done this before. I am going crazy today a rough day she make my day if she gives birth.

Attachments

• IMG_20180219_114223.jpg
    IMG_20180219_114223.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20180219_114234.jpg
    IMG_20180219_114234.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 111

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How is it going with you and your doe?

I saved and drew on your second photo so I can better help with explaining where the ligaments are. : ) That red line I drew is where the ligaments are located on your doe. There is one either side of her spine. Normally, they will be hard as a pencil and feel like one too. You will notice that they soften as she gets closer to labor and disappear when she is in labor(generally speaking, some does are different than others- I had one doe lose hers just a few hours before kidding but most of mine will lose them and be in labor for close to 24 hours). Some does like to tease! They will lose one on one side or seem to disappear only to reappear. That's why if I'm not certain, I'll sit outside with my doe for half an hour to an hour to see if she's showing any signs of labor- laying down and getting up, talking more than usual, pawing the ground, arching her back, and so forth. All of my does tend to fill up tight within 24-36 hours of birth. You'll get to know your girl (s).

I found it helpful my first year of kidding to keep a journal and then I looked back on it so I knew what was typical of a particular doe and have a good idea knowing when she was in labor.

IMG_20180219_114234goat.jpg

I hope that helps!

ETA: When the ligaments are gone, you will notice that area will look dimpled. Your doe does look she has filled up more and by that second photo, she does seem dimpled in. I'd keep an eye on her for sure. This Texas weather is crazy! And she just may want to kid at the most inconvenient time. ;):rolleyes:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok so hers aren't as close to her tail as her sisters are then. She did this last time seriously she lost her ligaments had discharge then nothing for days she pawed, yawned, acted like she was in labor stayed up all night she wouldn't lay down she kept staring into space I think she was teasing.