Who is glad it's not witnter!

Chickenmum

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooo
!

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Some days I'd rather it be cooler than friggin hot like it's going to be today.

But hey, who likes to dress in layers to meet -50 C windchill, right?

I just hope we get some rain soon. A thundershower would be nice this evening...

Rence

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You know, I'm sick of this heat already :p

I never have to worry about any of my animals freezing to death. They do very well in the winter. OTOH, I'm worried about all of them in this heat, especially the rabbits. I think one of them is gonna keel over in this heat.

I don't remember being terribly uncomfortable milking my cow the whole winter. I only remember my fingers being cold on two mornings. But I couldn't tell you when the last time was that I milked the cow and didn't soak my shirt with sweat. Those girls sure are hot! And it's not even July yet...

It seems like we didn't have much of a spring, even though technically it's still spring. We went from cold to hot. So gardening is a big pain too. The first spring I planted, I harvested several batches of spinach and broccoli raab. But this spring, they're all going to bolt :/

And I hate doing chores at night when it's hot all because all the creepy crawlies come out and try to play with me :p

But.......I have to admit: Spring and summer sure are pretty here!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I never have to worry about any of my animals freezing to death. They do very well in the winter. OTOH, I'm worried about all of them in this heat, especially the rabbits. I think one of them is gonna keel over in this heat.
Try giving them a frozen bottle of ice. Even after it melts it helps. We did this at the fair last year and boy did it make a difference. Just keep several in the freezer to switch back and forth.

nogoatsyet

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am happy it's not winter :D I like the green. Though I didn't miss the bugs.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I like that things are green, but it's too hot to pull weeds!
I like that I don't have to feed, but the fact I will be haying soon, makes winter sound kinda nice!

farmy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
good idea farmer kitty, thats what I do becuase well you have to during florida summers. I also cut the tops off of 2 liter bottles and mix water and fruits and veggies in there for the pigs and freeze them... The piggies love it!