Who's hatching right now?

DwayneNLiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I got a few EE eggs on day 9. How will this thread differ from the Hatching / Incubation Help thread started by Kathy?
hers is more for emergencies, not like a hatchalong

Oh yeah! I even notice that there is a place there to see who is active at the time. I like that. There are times I need to talk to a certain person. Hmm, speaking of that, I have not noticed a pm on here. Has to be. Another thing staring me in the face.
Ok, grumpy ol man. This not so grumpy old lady is heading out. Thanks for showing me that sneak peek. I fee better now. :D
pms are conversations here

Did you hatch your own eggs, or did you buy eggs from someone? I would be interested in possibly buying some hatching eggs.
i have both in my bator!

DwayneNLiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
SOOOooooo

i have a lot of eggs in my bator,
24 locking down tonight
6 at daycare locking down on saturday
3 i gave to my broody last night that are due to lock down in a few days
20ish eggs due to lock down on 5/19 i think

and more eggs coming :lol:
oh and a ton of inferts in there that i will be pulling tonight when i pull the others

DwayneNLiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ahh, so this thread is Hatch N Chat :D tho the other is rather chatty too!
us chicken crazies like to chat while waiting to candle or waiting to watch chick tv lol

FishMtFarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
IMG_3960.JPG
IMG_3963.JPG
I have 19 Silkie eggs a week and a half out from hatching but I also just had a broody hen hatch 6 silkies. Also have a Silkie hen that adopted some Marans, NH reds, and speckled Sussex that I bought.

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ooo, love that black silkie! I have a 4 month old..and a light blue. I can tell already, that the blue is going to make a great broody. I haven't had a mama for a while. She just took over..at 4 months, taking care of some little bantam cochins I put in their pen. I went to put the babies in a warmer place for the night, as it was still getting cool..where were they? I lifted the two silkies..ahhaa, all snuggled up under the silkies. The blue girl will call the babies over to eat when I put treats in the pen. It's so cute. I think she will go broody before she even starts to lay! Is that possible?

I am excited. Going into lock down tomorrow. I always mark the eggs, get the bator lined, and set the eggs the way I want them set the night before, so, that means tonight. I hope they are all still viable. They were 3 nights ago. Ask me if I don't mind candling. :D Looking forward to some NN babies..love love the ones with the bow ties.

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Love me a RIR! Or two!

Oh, I've seen those Lavender Orpingtons..well, they were English ones..probably a difference? Man those chickens were big! Loved the color!

DwayneNLiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ooo, love that black silkie! I have a 4 month old..and a light blue. I can tell already, that the blue is going to make a great broody. I haven't had a mama for a while. She just took over..at 4 months, taking care of some little bantam cochins I put in their pen. I went to put the babies in a warmer place for the night, as it was still getting cool..where were they? I lifted the two silkies..ahhaa, all snuggled up under the silkies. The blue girl will call the babies over to eat when I put treats in the pen. It's so cute. I think she will go broody before she even starts to lay! Is that possible?

I am excited. Going into lock down tomorrow. I always mark the eggs, get the bator lined, and set the eggs the way I want them set the night before, so, that means tonight. I hope they are all still viable. They were 3 nights ago. Ask me if I don't mind candling. :D Looking forward to some NN babies..love love the ones with the bow ties.

thats awesome!! she might lay a couple before she goes broody but good luck!!
i have NN babies due next week!