Wilson Farms -A crazy New Adventure

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welp, on Thursday im going to tour a goat farm, not sure if it's a Nigerian Dwarf goat farm yet, but any goat farm at the moment will do since I have someone in my school who has Nigerian Dwarfs.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Great start to your journal! I'll be following along :D =D

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
You will like Nigerian Dwarfs. That's what we raise. My daughter Rachel is 12 and is involved with 4H and we show at a number of ADGA sanctioned shows each year. We attended the ADGA National Show in PA in June.

Rachel was the Premier Exhibitor for Nigerian Dwarfs at this years NC State Fair.

We started with 3 goats 7 years ago and we have 30 now.

Last edited:

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a while...
well, I have become the proud owner of 2 goats on the 23, a black buckling with white spotting named Samuel L. Jackson, and a white buckling with black spotting, Buddy, they're brothers and the ying and yang. Sadly, on the 26th, Sammy became limp, and died the next day early in the morning while I was sleeping and my father was watching him. after that we waited a while to make sure Buddy would survive before getting another buckling, a buck skin we named JohnnyBoy, slightly inspired by the Outsiders. He's a week older than Buddy, and we're starting to think one of the boys isn't a Nigerian dwarf because of how different they are in so many ways.

Buddy is small, and compact in shape, and has really long fur. JohnnyBoy is big, tall, with short course fur.

but, it won't bother me if one of them is another breed, I've grown attached, i'm more attached to Buddy, and I think it's the same way with him. I think Buddy imprinted on me and thinks i'm his mom, because no matter what, he wants to go every where with me and started crying when I leave his sight or go to far from him. JohnnyBoy, since he's still new, is iffy with me, and is rather skittish of me, he seems more wild and untamed then Buddy and Sammy did when we first got them, hopefully he'll calm down, since I start school on the 3rd and I most likely won't be able to spend as much time I need to with him since I try to keep my grades up in my new school.

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been on, so here's an update on the farm.

JohnnyBoy and Buddy have grown a lot, and are use to us more. They are also drinking less milk, and on the 19th, im planning on dropping their milk from 2 bottles to 1 and a half, and will keep that until march 1st or 5th. I am also searching for some does, and the person I got buddy and his brother from are selling unregistered doelings for $175, and since i'm turning Bud into a wether, it won't matter if I by one of his sisters.

On another note, this month we're finally going to get their pen done, though they won't be using it when my doeling/doelings are off of milk, or if it gets warmer and more constant on warm weather, because that's where the does will stay, and my bucks will stay in the backyard with our dogs, since our 5 dogs and the boys get along.

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Some sad news today. My first goat of the two brothers that I got, buddy, died today. We had to do it, because he could no longer pee and there was nothing the vets could do to save him. So, now I have only one goat, but im getting one doe at the end of the month, so I think he can manage until the doe gets here. I just got done crying, I haven't cried this hard in a while, that buck was my baby, I raised him since he was only a 2 or 1 week old kid, and because of my stupid mistake of feeding him too much grain, he's dead now.